Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #261  
Roy, this home made gadget is a great asset to gutter cleaning. I purchased a 12 amp Craftsman electric blower powerhead (no tubes) at a garage sale for $10, a 6 foot length of 2 inch PVC pipe fitted into a connector is bolted thru the exhaust port, the ""U" is about a foot across. The assembly is powerful enough to blow even a mass of wet leaves out of gutters, and strong enough I can hang the "U" and exhaust end from a gutter over the drop, to see if the downspout is clear, by feeling for airflow. I also have a clamp on convex mirror (not installed in the picture) that gives a good view of the gutter bottom when used on the "U" section. The square upper section is a PVC rail section and provides a secondary handhold.

That's a great idea, JD!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #263  
That's a great idea, JD!!!!

Thanks Roy. You can buy a commercially made kit to fit Craftsman blowers but the tubes are very lightweight and just snap together, they would pop apart if you tried to hang the blower head off them. I also have a rubber coupling with screw clamps so I can install a 90 degree Ell off the straight end of the "U". I have maybe $16 in my entire gadget and that includes the mirror.

/ Good morning!!!! #264  
Coffee is on. 55 degrees this morning. Headed to upper 30's. Going to be a interesting day with temperatures heading lower than it was overnight. Back to inside projects today. :(
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #265  
Just got in from work, a bit balmy/misty. rain on the way. 65 degrees. Dont know why all you guys are sleeping in!:D

/ Good morning!!!! #266  
I was up at 0450.

I responded to a PM from a TBN'er who is coming tomorrow to cut down walnut trees in prep for temporary/permanent horse pasture project.

I was exhausted and sore yesterday.

My olderst daughter and I went to Home Depor, TSC, Lowe's, and the local feed/hardware store pricing out and comparing what we need for the temporary horse pasture fencing project (I plan to update that thread with the details, I need help deciding which framer nail gun to buy and on the compressor).

I'm not wearing the sling because it makes me sweat like a pig and get heat rash, and it does not help that much with the discomfort. I've been sticking my hand in my shirt like Napoleon instead when I needed to rest my sholder. But when I got home I was exhausted and very sore back muscles.

Be well all!
David

PS go look at my mystery track thread, I am VERY curious what it might be.

/ Good morning!!!! #267  
Roy, this home made gadget is a great asset to gutter cleaning. I purchased a 12 amp Craftsman electric blower powerhead (no tubes) at a garage sale for $10, a 6 foot length of 2 inch PVC pipe fitted into a connector is bolted thru the exhaust port, the ""U" is about a foot across. The assembly is powerful enough to blow even a mass of wet leaves out of gutters, and strong enough I can hang the "U" and exhaust end from a gutter over the drop, to see if the downspout is clear, by feeling for airflow. I also have a clamp on convex mirror (not installed in the picture) that gives a good view of the gutter bottom when used on the "U" section. The square upper section is a PVC rail section and provides a secondary handhold.
Good morning all.
JDgreen227, Good one, especially like the mirror idea. Wonder if it would work on my gutters? 27 Rose Road........NY. PS. Send long extension cord.;)

/ Good morning!!!! #268  
Good morning all.
JDgreen227, Good one, especially like the mirror idea. Wonder if it would work on my gutters? 27 Rose Road........NY. PS. Send long extension cord.;)

Got up at 3 am to visit the mens room, it was 55 degrees then, now it is only 41....!!??
Pulled out another two dozen of the Autumn Olives yesterday...see attachments.

About the gutter cleaner...I gave you guys the idea, you can make your own gizmo too...:laughing:

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    682.4 KB · Views: 99
   / Good morning!!!! #269  
Just got in from work, a bit balmy/misty. rain on the way. 65 degrees. Dont know why all you guys are sleeping in!:D

Well, where are you now, Dennis? Awake or asleep?;)

It was 51 F at 7:30 AM and now it's down to 45 F. I just wonder if it will continue to go down or if this is just the a dip before rising a bit later. The forecast is for a high of 55 F today.

/ Good morning!!!! #270  
2011-11-20, 1000

Mmm...slept in today!!

Anyway, 45 degrees...slight overcast but supposed to be 60 today.

Last edited: