Page 3 of 2991 FirstFirst 12345613531035031003 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Default Re: Good morning!!!!

First cup of coffee drank. May get some snow flurries this morning. Havn't even thought about putting blade and snow blower on yet.
    Good morning all.

Tractor
    2005 MF GC2310 TLB

Good morning from NH.

29 here this AM, clear, but a pretty good snowstorm headed here this afternoon- way too early in the season!

Looks like we'll be on the upper edge, may not get more than 4" or so, but further south they're looking at a possibility of 8-12" of wet, heavy stuff. Many power outages expected. Yuck. Looks like today will be spent putting snow tires on my car and rearranging the garage to get the front-mount blower out of storage....
    '07 GC2310 TLB, 2360 snowblower, 2325 MMM, Bro-Tek thumb, Woods GTC40-2 tiller, Woods RB-60 back blade, KK TYR-60 landscape rake, DR 60" Power Grader
    '05 VW Jetta Wgn TDI
    Numerous antique Japanese motorcycles

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Mornin' Y'all,

First cup of coffee is dry, outside it is 40 and raining VERY heavy. My ponds are very full now, one has been past flood stage for weeks, I'm not sure what to do with MORE water. I want to dig a false creek from this pond to the other pond to manage the overflow without turning the back yard into a swamp like it does now, but it is too wet and the tractor will tear the yard up.

Looks like all we will get is TALK about snow and not even a flurrie. My girls are excited about snow because we have so many slopes on the property...

I need to get that gravel delivered...

Prolly no seat time today...

Be well all TBNers!

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620 & MX5100

Good morning from Salem, Ohio. Got down to 28 F last night. No snow but some light rain. If it quits I'm going out to cut back the woods along the orchard. I'm tired of all those branches hitting me and my tractor when I'm mowing. Supposed to be real nice around here tomorrow.

Tractor
    LS R3039, Power King 1614, Simplicity Soveriegn 75th Aniv model.

Morning all! It is 34dg with light rain here in Western Pa. I hear the central part of the state is supposed to get some snow today. I'm not ready for the white stuff yet. Still have to do a final mowing and pick up the leaves - just been too wet lately. Those darn Oak leaves hang on till the bitter end. Have a great weekend and enjoy the fall colors!

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

2011-10-29, 0848

38 degrees and a snow/rain mix coming down.
    Going to be an ugly day...
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

A nice calm 33* here this morning, Loaded the daughters truck with "junk" for a garage sale to benefit local dog pound.

Got coffee going and built a fire for the wife, so right now life is good.

Stay warm!
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor
    LS R3039, Power King 1614, Simplicity Soveriegn 75th Aniv model.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    2011-10-29, 0848

38 degrees and a snow/rain mix coming down.
    Going to be an ugly day...
    Keep us posted on the snow Roy and please keep it down there with you - I've got too much yard work to do yet!

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Aargh! First frost last night. It's 8:00 am on Oct. 29th and the temperature is 31.5 degrees. My tomato plants will be saying, "Ouch!" Fall is here for sure. I'll hope that the tomatoes are just frost-bitten a bit on the upper leaves and the internal shaded portions will survive. If not, I'll be picking all the green tomatoes and letting them ripen inside.
    Jim

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by joemd11 View Post
    Keep us posted on the snow Roy and please keep it down there with you - I've got too much yard work to do yet!
    At this point, it looks like the weather pattern is pretty narrow...basically, the I-81 corridor. You should be OK for this one.
    Looks like more snow than rain now and both vehicles have a light cover on them. Nothing on the lawn, drive or roads yet.

The weather guesser on Lancaster's WGAL said if this system had come through a month hence, most of the area would see a foot of snow.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Page 3 of 2991 FirstFirst 12345613531035031003 ... LastLast