Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!!
#3,141  
I may be wrong, but there seems to be a lot of new member notifications today. I am used to seeing a few, but it looks like a couple of dozen today. Something change?

Maybe this is a economic indicator? :)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #3,142  
No idea. He was only there for a couple of weeks, but I'll ask tommorrow.

If he was Navy or Marine Corp, it was probably Holy Loch (primarily a submarine base).
I was in Scotland in 1971. The USS Saratoga (an aircraft carrier) sailed up the River Clyde and anchored off Greenock (across the river from Holy Loch).
Definitely a beautiful country. I visited Edinburgh (old Edinburgh looks like something out of Charles Dickens), Windsor Castle and Loch Ness during that port-of-call. Had my first taste of Guiness (spelling?) Stout when I was there.

/ Good morning!!!!
#3,143  
If he was Navy or Marine Corp, it was probably Holy Loch (primarily a submarine base).
I was in Scotland in 1971. The USS Saratoga (an aircraft carrier) sailed up the River Clyde and anchored off Greenock (across the river from Holy Loch).
Definitely a beautiful country. I visited Edinburgh (old Edinburgh looks like something out of Charles Dickens), Windsor Castle and Loch Ness during that port-of-call. Had my first taste of Guiness (spelling?) Stout when I was there.

He was in the army, in the mid 50's. He was a armorer. I think he was just being moved from one place to another.

/ Good morning!!!! #3,144  
Spacial pot of coffee for Mothers Day. 49 degrees today with more rain this morning. Heading to 69 with rain this morning and maybe some sun in the afternoon. Headed off to my mothers today. Happy Mothers Day to all the ladies here on TBN.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #3,145  

My sub was in Dunoon Scotland (Holy Loch) in 1984 or 83 for like 65 days. I too visited Edinburg and toured the castle, and drank way too much with some of my shipmates and a couple limey's we met...

And I still love Guinness more than any other beer... But back then I drank mostly Harp...

David

/ Good morning!!!! #3,146  
Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers...

:D

David

/ Good morning!!!! #3,147  
60 headed to 80, simply a lovely day...

I'm hoping for some seat time, but I must pay my respects to Mom & my wife. They also will be adding mine and Dad's Birthday's into the mix to sweeten the pot. The good part is I love them very much, so it is all worth it in the end.

It is nice to be back home. I have a big empty spot in my heart but I also got to re-connect with the rest of the family and meet my new soon-to-be brother-in-law, so there are also some good things that come out of this. Pouring his ashes into a creek where he fished and cought large trout has a sense of finality and gave me a bit of closure.

I thank all of you for all the thoughts and prayers of the last two weeks.
It helped...

God Bless and Be well,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #3,148  
I may be wrong, but there seems to be a lot of new member notifications today. I am used to seeing a few, but it looks like a couple of dozen today. Something change?

Maybe this is a economic indicator? :)

One can only hope!

Be well,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #3,149  
Post whoring is soooooooooooo unsavory, but whatever!:D

Yes it is!

Especially when it is inane, trivial, off-topic, and obvious.

But if you simply have a lot to say on a wide varaiety of topics, and a number of posts to reply to, each meriting special attention and due respect, why that is not post whoring, that is merely being a prolific poster and staunch supporter of TBN...
;)
Be well,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #3,150  
To be truthful for ONE time in my life, I owe CTF (Kyle) for introducing me to the concept of postwhoring when he told me about it during the dark days of my belonging to LMF. Since he also introduced me to the "Chronicles" here I try to stay in his good graces by posting there. TRUTH BE TOLD!!!

Excuses, excuses...
:D
David