Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #3,401  
2012-05-25, 0808

67 and overcast...high humidity. Should hit 81 today and possible thunderstorms.

We (wife and I) are going to Monroe, VA tomorrow to pick up her daughter's gear. She and her BF had moved to VA (Lynchburg area...SW VA) about a month ago (from Vermont). They had no jobs to go to, no plan.... It was an expensive lesson for them.
Anyway, we'll store her gear for a while until they get back to Vermont and settled.

/ Good morning!!!! #3,402  
Waiting for the coffee, VERY windy here the past couple of days and forecast the same the next two...ugh!:mad:

/ Good morning!!!! #3,403  
Had my first cup .... it's 71 and headed up to a high of 85, with a 20% chance of a thunderstorm.

The good news: the single day rental price applies over weekends and the local rental place will allow me to pick up the mini-ex today after 14:00 .... and due to the holiday it doesn't have to be back until 09:00 on Tuesday ....

The bad news: it still only comes with 8 hours operating time ....

/ Good morning!!!! #3,404  
sunny with a little breeze 56 warming up to 73 today.there was a tornado in the area last night.little damage to the area.

/ Good morning!!!! #3,406  
Learning to Farm said:
Oh, silly question of the day: I see the rows that big fields are planted in (like corn and soybeans). When harvested does the tractor and implement HAVE to follow the same pattern or can they harvest any direction they want?

77 going to mid 80's. Question isn't silly. Corn you have to follow the rows due to design of the.corn head on the combine. Hadn't thought about it but that's probably true for beans, oats and wheat. But since you normally plant the long way of the field you combine the same way.
Wayne

/ Good morning!!!! #3,407  
Waiting for the coffee, VERY windy here the past couple of days and forecast the same the next two...ugh!:mad:

It was windy here yesterday. We had 60 mph winds at some point in the day. I really hate wind. Was gonna do some more painting on the fence yesterday.

But if I did that. The wind would have blown all the paint onto me. And I would have been the one painted Barn red, not the fence. :laughing:

Chad

/ Good morning!!!! #3,408  
RoyJackson said:
They had no jobs to go to, no plan.... It was an expensive lesson for them.
Anyway, we'll store her gear for a while until they get back to Vermont and settled.

Roy, you guys are nice parents. Hope she appreciates you guys and what your doing :)

Thanks Wilky, I always have so many questions I feel like asking them is a burden to the people it comes second nature too. I have never harvested anything using machinery and crop farmers would probably not appreciate me flagging them down to ask. I love sharing knowledge, so encourage people to ask :D

/ Good morning!!!! #3,409  
Good Morning. It's 9:58 here. Cloudy out, had a little rain last night. It may rain today. I got the coffee brewing and Andy Griffith show on. Though it's about to go off.

Next up is The little house on the Prairie. And at 11:30 I will turn the channel to PBS. And get my fix of Dinosaur train. :D I love that show.

Here is a funny part of the show yesterday. Tiny's Poop Song. :laughing:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzq_8zcpR7w]Tiny's poop song - YouTube[/ame]

Chad

/ Good morning!!!! #3,410  
Wow I am late getting to TBN today, usually log in about 6 am but here it is past one pm and I just got home, been running errands all morning. 80 degrees here bright sunny for the fourth straight day in a row. Gonna go burn some burgers on the grill later on today but stay inside otherwise. Enjoy the long weekend, you guys.