Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,171  
Well today is the first day of my retirement! After a 43 year career as a Construction Manager I only need to manage my own projects now.

I hope that Monday morning I don't jump in the car and realize half way to work that it's over.

Some sadness, some joy but we will see what the future brings
Congratulations and condolences! I think you'll be fine, enjoy!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,172  
Well today is the first day of my retirement! After a 43 year career as a Construction Manager I only need to manage my own projects now.

I hope that Monday morning I don't jump in the car and realize half way to work that it's over.

Congratulations :applause: :jump: and enjoy your retirement. Before you know it you will wonder how anything ever got done while holding down your job. The day gets filled pretty quickly. If that's not the case come to our place, I have a long to-do list.:D

/ Good morning!!!! #4,173  

CONGRATULATIONS !!! Having been retired for close to ten years, may I pass along a bit of advice? If you enjoyed your job and liked the people you interacted with (customers, clients, co workers, etc) it will be unsettling to deal with not having contact with most of them for the first few months. One doesn't taper off into retirement, you are there one day with the status of being an IMPORTANT PERSON and the next day, you have reverted to being a person of NO IMPORTANCE. For many of us that is very difficult to deal with, so much of what we do for a living reflects on our own self-worth and our image to others. I had a very hard time the first six months after retiring, but the feeling of being free from the treadmill and the demands of my workplace gradually overwhelmed my sense of loss.

CONGRATS AGAIN....enjoy your retirement, I know it has been earned.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,174  
San Diego is 62 headed for 71 today. Enjoying it because Sunday, I'm off to Dallas. :fiery::thumbdown:

/ Good morning!!!! #4,175  
Currently 85 and sunny, with a "feels like" temp of 88 (59% humidity) .... have an appointment to get my ears lowered at 11:30, which I'm about 3 weeks overdue on ....

The humidity is supposed to drop to around 30% by mid-afternoon .... dunno .... might be an inside day .... ended up feeling a little queasy yesterday evening .... probably didn't hydrate enough ....

Forgot to run down the garage door last night before hitting the rack .... woke up around 03:00 for some reason and remembered I had three open bags of birdseed that I hadn't transfered to containers yet .... so I went out to close the door and found Mama 'Coon and her three kits feasting on a bag of the cheap stuff they had turned over .... ran her and one the kits off .... but the other two got scared and hid in a corner underneath the grill .... took me another 20 minutes to get them out of there ....

Thirty minutes later they all showed up on the back deck trying to get to the bird feeders .... turned the lights on and ran them off there too .... looks like I need to pickup some cayenne pepper today and treat the birdseed .... :rolleyes:

/ Good morning!!!! #4,178  

Congratulations. The chances are that will will do just fine, and like most of us retirees, you will probably remain active and stay very busy. Best wishes.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,179  
06-30-2012 Currently 70 degrees. A severe storm came through at 10:00 PM last night. The power was off for 4 hours. The temperature was 97 degrees at the time. There was a huge lightning display and strong winds, but only a few sprinkles of rainfall on our deck. We definitely could have used more rain. My Wife and Son were so pleased when the AC came back on. When I was growing up, we never had AC, only fans. I only had AC after I grew up and started a life of my own. We tend to forget just how dependent we have become on "Flipping a Switch".

/ Good morning!!!! #4,180  
Back to hot coffee. 66 degrees this morning with clear skies. Heading to 88 with possibility of thunderstorm this afternoon. Got to do some maintenance on our cars today.
orezok, Congrats on your retirement. Took a couple of years for me to settle into retirement lifestyle. Enjoy the first years. You will get a lot done.
Good Morning All.