Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,401  
Never seen that done, does the iron build up enough to cause flow issues?
Yes it does - eventually .....

In fact, 8 years ago we had so much iron sediment accumulated in the well that it completely encased the pump (I saw it when they pulled it), stopped the flow and caused the the motor to burn up .... that little adventure cost over a grand IIRC .... although we did go up in HP when we replaced the pump. I think it's a one HP that's in there now ....

We never did that down in NC when I was a kid either and that water had so much iron you could pick it up with a magnet!:D
LOL .... that's a lot of iron to be sure .... :laughing:

/ Good morning!!!! #4,402  
11:03 AM. 83 degrees and going to 90 and sunny. Need rain badly..........

/ Good morning!!!! #4,403  
Yes it does - eventually .....

In fact, 8 years ago we had so much iron sediment accumulated in the well that it completely encased the pump (I saw it when they pulled it), stopped the flow and caused the the motor to burn up .... that little adventure cost over a grand IIRC .... although we did go up in HP when we replaced the pump. I think it's a one HP that's in there now ....

LOL .... that's a lot of iron to be sure .... :laughing:

I guess the difference back then was above ground pumps vs submersibles. You could easily clean a pump in the pump house if needed.

/ Good morning!!!!
#4,404  
I sure wish it would rain here. I mowed the grass, only because some weeds were sticking up. Miserable job, it was a 2 hour dust bath. It got up to 88, but it has cooled back down to 77 now. Hope you guys had a good day!!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,405  
Morning guys!

Miserable day here, but good news is that the joiners are over hanging a new living room door (you may remember I posted a thread a while back asking how the heck the glass shattered!).

It'll need painted (which I'll do) but at least it is hung, at last.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,406  
I mowed the grass, only because some weeds were sticking up.

That would be the only reason for me to mow also. The dandylions are the only thing sticking up high enough to get mowed... Grass is browning out...

David

/ Good morning!!!! #4,407  
Morning all,

t-stat says it is 70 outside. Online weather says 66... I'm thinking about going to the fair tonight an spending way too much money on some rinkydink rides with the kids.

TSC called yesterday and my PHD is in.

Yesterday morning when I went to help the girls with feeding the birds we discovered a horrid racoon/mink/rat attack on our baby guineas... very little left... I'm considering poison... I was so disgusted and angry... and they were inside a fully enclosed chicken wire and reinforced cage too... Grrrr...

I think I'm riding to work againa today.

Be well all of you!
David

/ Good morning!!!! #4,408  
Wow, where is everyone?

David

/ Good morning!!!! #4,409  
2012-07-13, 0751

68 here and overcast...definitely looks like rain (I hope!!). The forecast is for a high of 85 and showers...thunderstorms maybe.

We ordered some laminated flooring, so I've got to do some prep work over the next few days. The carpet is gone for the most part. Now it's time to remove the moldings, T-moldings and give the floor a good scrub.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,410  
71 sunny and nice, one more day then the heat comes back. Gotta mow the weed tops off, some grass tall enough due to rain early in the week.