Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #46,181  
Kyle glad your mom came tru with flying colors

/ Good morning!!!! #46,182  
If you tried to snoop around like that here RS without asking the land owner first,,,,,,, you would be picking buckshot out of your back side. :laughing:
I was on my next door neighbor's property ... which I have permission to be on (Just as he does on mine)

His land abuts the parcel that is being logged ... but that parcel that is being logged is owned by a different owner.

BTW, the post of mine you quoted has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what you're talking about ... that's my property in those pictures ... ;)

Hopefully, you don't have any morons living near you ... that allow 15 ton skidders to be run willy-nilly over very wet ground containing high-pressure gas transmission lines ... that are only buried a few feet below the surface ...

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #46,183  
Kyle the area North of Giddings has had 2-3" rain and a tornado in Bryan off Hwy 6. Looking toward Giddings I see lots of lightning and more rain is expected.

Kyle just had a report from wife's friend in La Grange that she heard from her grandparents that some roads were flooded in Giddings. (9:30PM)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #46,184  
good evening all. 74F this morning had rain and wind in the forecast this morning, but no rain and humidity dropped late this afternoon. If the rain holds up on radar will have some rain tonight and more tomorrow. Still doing a lot of consulting time which helps pocket book, but cuts into working around here :(.

/ Good morning!!!! #46,185  
Kyle good news on your mom!!

Ed it is a lot of hard work moving, still don't have this place lined out the way I want it, a year later :(

/ Good morning!!!! #46,186  
Got tubing requirements figured out for the soil screen this morning and got a quote from the steel supplier.

Then spent most of the rest of the day working on the garden area ... got the lumber all removed from the bottom of the area which is still pretty wet and used the landscape rake to rake wet soil up and out, and dry soil down and in.

Took a little break and did some work grading and clearing out roots in one of the circles down by the house.

The forecast was updated to 0% chance of rain for today, 50% chance between 02:00 and 04:00 tomorrow and then nothing again until 18:00.

Partly sunny tomorrow with a high of 81F ... so if we dodge the bullet on the precip until tomorrow night I should be able to get the garden area cleaned up and the trail down to south end repaired (currently a mud pit at the top)

Once that's done I can start moving brush to the rear of the property.

/ Good morning!!!! #46,187  
Kyle the area North of Giddings has had 2-3" rain and a tornado in Bryan off Hwy 6. Looking toward Giddings I see lots of lightning and more rain is expected.

Kyle just had a report from wife's friend in La Grange that she heard from her grandparents that some roads were flooded in Giddings. (9:30PM)

Giddings has rec'd almost 9". There is major flooding, especially just east of Giddings on US Hwy 290. There are water rescues happening right now. Pray that people get out OK.

/ Good morning!!!! #46,188  
2016-05-27, 0326

64 right now...heading up to 87.
Mowed the backyard and both sides...started the front. I expect to knock off work at 1100 this morning and I'll finish the mowing this afternoon.

/ Good morning!!!! #46,189  
A very promising start to the morning here. Yesterdays heavy cloud cover has gone, the sun is working away at the thin mist at the bottom of the hill and the best show of hawthorn blossom for many years is lighting up all the hedgerows.

David, hearing about the challenges you continually face in generating and storing your own electricity makes me much more appreciative of our on grid electrical supply. Must admit though that when seeing the size of your batteries, it did make me think that a few dead ones would make excellent rear ballast weights for a tractor :).

Kyle's mom :thumbsup:

/ Good morning!!!! #46,190  
Clear skies, 68 and headed to 89. Yesterday hit 92.

Planned to spray some food plots yesterday, put the pump on the sprayer and the sprayer on the tractor and, waited for the wind to die, which it never did. So mowed for a few hours...enough for my front left wheel to collapse from metal fatigue at the bearing hub. This has happened before, so I had a spare wheel to swap out...but I just don't understand why this happens every few years. I keep them well lubed and just swapped out the spindles last year.

Fingers crossed it won't get too windy today. I'm a month behind schedule for tilling and planting because the ground has been so wet.