Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,681  
Good luck on the interviews, David!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,682  
75 and a mix of clouds/sun today. New project coming up as I have a band saw mill coming today, he figures he will cut about 3,000 board feet. So I get the job of moving the boards under the shed roof at the back of the chicken palace and stickering it for drying. Then in a few days, once he is gone, will start cutting up all the slabs for firewood. Putting tarps down for the sawdust, friend of mine has a lot of blueberry plants and he wants the sawdust for them, he says they like acidic soil and the sawdust provides that.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,683  
Good morning. 73* here with a high going to 87 and possible TS's. No real plan for the day - good day to goof off.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,684  
good morning all. 89F going to 102F today with a dew-point of 71F hot and muggy.
Moss good luck on the job interview

/ Good morning!!!! #4,685  
Good morning ....

Temp is currently 96 here in Laredo, TX .... according to the weather app on phone the high here is supposed to be 107 .... for the next three days ....

They look at me like I'm nuts at Starbucks when I tell 'em "Yeah, that's right .... I want it hot ...."

Hopefully score something heading north today .... I'm ready to get back to the house and get back to work on my various projects.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,686  
Randy,

This is all for you! Heh heh heh...

Thank you all of you for the well wishes.

And MostlyGas, I'm not skipping the interview... BUT I did not go get a fresh haircut as I was planning to do today, because it hides better with the hair I have now...

Be well,
David
Regarding the interview, hopefully the cut won't be as big a distraction as a stain on your shirt.
This is funny
Your Talking Stain Ad could air on Prime Time TV - YouTube
By the by...how do you think it went....was the guy staring at your forehead?

/ Good morning!!!! #4,687  
Nice to see you all are still here... welcome back, Army Grunt! David, hope your interviews go well.

I've actually taken a couple of vacation trips this year! First was a two-day up to Lake Umbagog on the NH-Maine border, then 5 days to Owl's Head and Augusta, Maine, finishing with a couple of days with my old Army house-mate from Japan. Nice time. The little Jetta diesel averaged around 28 mpg pulling the 1800-lb camper. Certainly not the usual 48+ over the road, but not bad.

The Owl's Head Transportation Museum was cool, got to see the Fokker Dr. I take off and fly around, though it has a modern radial instead of the original Oberusel rotary. Still really cool.

My airplane's carburetor is now in Michigan visiting an expert- decided that would be the more prudent way to go. Then, just a few more things to fix and give it its annual.

It appears that NH is one of the few places in the US that isn't suffering a severe drought, though it is dry here. Feel bad about you guys in the midwest and south; sounds like it's a bear down there. I've had to mow my lawn once a week.

Attachments

• Umbagog-3.JPG
    Umbagog-3.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC04252.JPG
    DSC04252.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 55
   / Good morning!!!! #4,688  
IrvJ! Good to see you!

Good Morning All! 67 headed for 90ish with "pop-up T-storms".

Speaking about the weather... The storms the last 2 days that I have been in are crazy. Yesterday I literally saw lightning hit one of those aluminum power/light poles on the opposite side of the street, literally only 40' from me, instant BOOM and sudden roaring rain so bad I cold not see the street edges, lanes, etc. and it was bright 5pm outside. I alsoMonday drove through two fairly small rain squalls that had raindrops the size of golf balls or larger and for a short time were so heavy it looked like a curtain of water as you drove into it, then you could not see the road, then a couple minutes later, clear and brite sunshine.

The "pop-up Thunder storms" have been wild... Middle of the night it rained so loudly it woke me up, I hope the roof did not spring a new leak...

Today is my 19th wedding anniversary and all she wants at the moment is to go to Chick-fil-a for dinner tonight. She really is the best thing that ever happened to me...

Be well folks!
David

/ Good morning!!!! #4,689  
Drinking 2nd cup of coffee. 67 degrees this morning with clear skies. Heading to 83 with sun all day. Off to my mothers today. Going to trim her shrubs and trees. Wash the windows and other little chores.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,690  
Regarding the interview, hopefully the cut won't be as big a distraction as a stain on your shirt.
This is funny
Your Talking Stain Ad could air on Prime Time TV - YouTube
By the by...how do you think it went....was the guy staring at your forehead?

Nobody seems to have noticed my head. I showed it to one guy at work and as soon as he saw it (he is bald by choice) he was grossed out...

My current gig I cannot wear a suit, it would stick out badly. So I wore slacks and changed my shirt in the parking garage before going to my interview and tossed a blazer over the new shirt/tie and instant suit! Sorry, fresh from Zips, no stains... ;)

The interviews yesterday were AWESOME. I am talking to 2 different managers, one has 2 spots, the other has 1, and they both seem to want me! I've said that I will take either position, whichever they feel I am best for, but I don't want to end up with neither. I am meeting with their boss today, he is the VP... I am actually danged excited. Neither is an easy job, both come with loads of responsibility and huge expectations, and should pay way better than I'm making now. It is a big company, but it is an acquisition division so it feels small and exciting. There will be room to move around or even up over time.

I liked both managers, but the one yesterday may be my favorite. At the end, we were talking about deer hunting, AR-15's, CCP (we both have one) and he was planning hunting trips out to my property... The one guy who was on vacation that would be part of the team I would be on is a Harley dude, so I'm positive he and I would get along fine, and I met everyone else and they were great guys.

I hope this is not jinxing anything, but I REALLY want to land this job...

Be well, and thank you all for the well wishes an comments.

David