Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #47,041  
68°F and .25 inches rain last 24 hours

Luncheon with the Big Island Retired Military guys up in Waimea today.

Be safe
Have a great day

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #47,042  
Just tryin' to pay it forward Drew ... ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #47,043  
Hey Drew, Actually most days we see in the 70's where we are. In the years I've had the wx station recorded low was 58° and high of 84°. Both those extremes are just a handful of days out of the year, mid 60's over nite and mid 70's daytime would be more normal. We are at 1100ft elevation so a bit cooler than down by the ocean. Hilo will see 90° a few times during the year.

/ Good morning!!!! #47,044  
How are those HF zirconia flap discs ?

Saw them last time I was in but haven't tried them yet, still using the old "regular" ones.

Do they last any longer than the "regular" ones ?

The zirconia discs and belts I use on the big belt/disc sander last MUCH longer than the alumina versions, so I'm hopeful the same will be true on the angle grinder. I used a 40 grit HF version yesterday to smooth the tops of a couple dozen mild steel plug welds and don't see much wear at all on it. It cut fast with very little pressure and left a real nice finish. I'm a little leery though because the reviews on the HF web site complained of them exploding when they're about half gone. I'll get a better idea of how it does over the next several days. BTW, the Airgas guy had what appeared to be the exact same flapper wheel, and it was Norton branded. But then maybe the Chinese have just made a very good copy, or the Norton ones aren't made in the good ol' USofA anymore. But for $6.49 I'm not out much if it turns out to be junk.

/ Good morning!!!! #47,045  
Driver's side inboard CV boot is torn, throwing grease.

Passenger side stabilizer link is shot and flopping around and the lower ball joint boot is half missing, only comes as an assembly with the lower control arms and bushings.

CV joints may be worn as there's some slop, checked both sides in neutral they seemed similar ... so hard to say for sure as I have no experience with this particular vehicle.

2001 Ford Winstar with 170K miles.

Priced the parts for him ... not sure how much he wants to put into it.

/ Good morning!!!! #47,046  
Good afternoon all. 78F this morning, partly cloudy, forecast for 92F. As I write it is already 94F ans will warm 1 or 2 more degrees today. Finished cleaning the boat, expect to put it in the lake today.
Dave sorry to hear about your loss.

/ Good morning!!!! #47,047  
Kile, It would have been nice but it cost $88 for 24 hr's and the rental store is maybe a 1/4 mi from here. Did not know about the rubber and latex. I have an old Italian made tiller tiller, a Tuffy that I can only get parts for at Earth tools in Kentucky so I hope I have no problems. Ed

Ed, be careful the specific gravity of ozone is like 1.6 vs air at 1.0 This means the ozone will work itself down and possibly displace the air in the basement. OTOH, it is so unstable trying to shed itself of it's extra oxygen molecule to become O2, that is how it kills odors, germs and bacteria. The first "whiff" smells good like a thunderstorm, but you don't want to breathe much of it. Hope it works out for you.

/ Good morning!!!! #47,048  
Ed, be careful the specific gravity of ozone is like 1.6 vs air at 1.0 This means the ozone will work itself down and possibly displace the air in the basement. OTOH, it is so unstable trying to shed itself of it's extra oxygen molecule to become O2, that is how it kills odors, germs and bacteria. The first "whiff" smells good like a thunderstorm, but you don't want to breathe much of it. Hope it works out for you.

We did it in the rental storage units. Plugged it in and went back home. The third one I did smelled a lot better. I had set the timer last night and went back this am. The other two I held my breath and grabbed the machine and back out before I started breathing again so I don't know how well it worked in them. thanks for the tip about the basement. Good to know if I ever do this at home. Ed

/ Good morning!!!! #47,049  
2016-06-25, 1758

83 right now...fortunately, this has been a pretty dry heat. I should say fortunate in some respects...dry heat isn't as oppressing as a high humidity high temperature...but more chance of brush fires.
Got the mowing and most of the weed wacking done this morning. As far as the field mowing...either tonight or early tomorrow.

/ Good morning!!!! #47,050  
woke up this morning with a sore back and realizing that even with a memory foam topper the bed in this rv is no prize. and yes I had company and it remains platonic.

Drew, are you going to tell us when you get lucky?