Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #47,981  
I have the same problem, a good shooting wooden stock 10/22 and a pair of bifocals!

I used to give Daddy the what for when his shooting skills went south with his eye sight. Maybe I should have been kinder and gentler:laughing:

/ Good morning!!!! #47,982  
I used to give Daddy the what for when his shooting skills went south with his eye sight. Maybe I should have been kinder and gentler:laughing:

I missed a groundhog from 30 yds a couple of years ago, my daughter was here for lunch that day, she didn't laugh at me though, she came back a few days later and got him with her crossbow.

/ Good morning!!!! #47,983  
I missed a varmint the other night with my .22...I blame it on the scope being knocked off, ha ha. Actually, I think I need to give it a good cleaning and double check that it is sighted in correctly.

99 on our porch...one of the nearby Weather Underground stations shows 102. Just took Coco for a woods hike and we nearly melted. Was gonna mow, but no way now.

/ Good morning!!!! #47,984  
105 heat index here, staying inside and doing odd jobs.
I was going to water some new shrubs and walked outside
and promptly turned around and came back in.

the political ads are starting and I find them awful already. Soon they will start slinging mud and
that's when I'm thankful for Sirius in the truck. I guess I could get some kind of adapter for the car; a portable one that could also be used in the travel trailer would be nice. Crutchfield is good for those kinds of things. Good company.

/ Good morning!!!! #47,985  
105 heat index here, staying inside and doing odd jobs.
I was going to water some new shrubs and walked outside
and promptly turned around and came back in.

the political ads are starting and I find them awful already. Soon they will start slinging mud and
that's when I'm thankful for Sirius in the truck. I guess I could get some kind of adapter for the car; a portable one that could also be used in the travel trailer would be nice. Crutchfield is good for those kinds of things. Good company.

Drew, I don't know if your car has a front mini plug port, can't think of the name, or a cassette player that you can use an adapter in to play a Sirius unit.

/ Good morning!!!! #47,986  

I have a wood stock 10/22 with a 4 power scope and as long as I think I can I do well but if I don't take my time and am unsure I don't do near as well. I have found that I can shoot steel sights if it is a peep sight but open sights get blurry. Ed

/ Good morning!!!! #47,987  
Drew, I don't know if your car has a front mini plug port, can't think of the name, or a cassette player that you can use an adapter in to play a Sirius unit.

My high tech, low cost sound system is a $7 mp3 player that transmits in FM, so it plays over your sound system. I use it in the truck and occasionally in the old Prius. {the Prius has a six CD changer, but why limit yourself to so little music} Will work in anything with a FM radio and a cigarette lighter. You will pay about as much for each SDcard or USB device though.

But then I am blessed with a really good college station that plays music from 0900 until 1500, with a couple three hours break for news, then more music until 0500. Most days when I'm in the garden, the truck radio is set to GC9.7 | Your LOCAL Public Radio Station.

They play a morning mix {that is a little too country heavy for my taste, but no ads, so I can live with it}, jazz in the early evening, then XPoNential Radio through the night. A real good mix.

/ Good morning!!!! #47,988  
Good morning Eric, I'm still sleeping as you read this. I bought a magazine printed in the UK at Barns and Nobel. Vegan Food & Living Most of the recipes I can use or modify. I'm freezing some bananas now to make the chocolate chip mint Ice-cream with the cocoa nibs and mint leaves from the plant growing out back. I think that's a mint plant. It also has spinach to give it that minty green color. This will be interesting. Are there a lot of Vegans in the UK or is it like here, about 3% vegetarian and half of those vegan (with most of them living in California).

/ Good morning!!!! #47,989  
up just a bit too early, heading out in an hour to pick up a friend to get the 7am ferry from Swan Quarter to Ocracoke. Two plus hour ferry ride, should be nice with the breeze, as it's going to be a very hot day here, like so many other places. Every day is 95 degrees for the next week. I then take the 3:30pm ferry back and home by dark.
For those not from this area, Ocracoke is accessible only by boat and the ferries to and from the mainland, plus to the next island up, Hatteras, are the life blood of this small island community. I'll try to get some good pics today.

Larro and Randy, not sure my 2004 car has input jacks, some headphone jacks in back for rear passengers to watch the dvd screens, but I haven't found the inputs. Probably hidden in the console; nothing offered in the trunk area where all the electronics reside. I've used FM transmitters before, not the best audio quality but listenable.
Car must have just made the cut for CD's, single disc player plus six disc, no cassettes.

I would be perfectly happy listening to a c/w radio station if it wasn't for the car/truck ads. They are always yelling at you and act like circus barkers.
I don't mind paying the ten bucks a month for Sirius, but there's only one of me so I don't want to pay more than once. I know the truck has every conceivable input; so if I went with a portable unit, I could disconnect what comes with the truck.

/ Good morning!!!! #47,990  
Good morning all. 69 this morning going to 94 with a 20% chance of thunder storms this pm. We need some rain the yard is turning brown so I know the farmers fields are hurting too. Wife said pool was 89 yesterday and the neighbor had his thermal cover on and his pool was 96. Just plain hot here and we don't have the heat advisories or warnings. Hope to lay low and look at the heat from behind a window. You all be careful out there, most of are not youngsters any more and the heat is harder on us.

Have a great day Ed