Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,931  
72 headed to 92.

Harley again today baby! Yesterday I moved the hay bales in the barn around as I've committed to about 200 bales from my hay guy, and I need to start picking it up this weekend.

My background check is complete, my offer is approved in the system. My new boss and I were txt'ing last evening about a training I need to attend in mid Sept. Rumor is I might get "presented" the offer today by HR...

Also had my building contractor over with his HVAC and electrician to look over the "rip the attic/roof off & build a REAL 2nd story" proposal. All green lights so far... Also I think we have a tenant on the hook for the lake house! Yesterday was a good day...

Be well,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #4,932  
72 headed to 92.

Harley again today baby! Yesterday I moved the hay bales in the barn around as I've committed to about 200 bales from my hay guy, and I need to start picking it up this weekend.

My background check is complete, my offer is approved in the system. My new boss and I were txt'ing last evening about a training I need to attend in mid Sept. Rumor is I might get "presented" the offer today by HR...

Also had my building contractor over with his HVAC and electrician to look over the "rip the attic/roof off & build a REAL 2nd story" proposal. All green lights so far... Also I think we have a tenant on the hook for the lake house! Yesterday was a good day...

Be well,
David
Best wishes.

/ Good morning!!!!
#4,933  
58 and going to mid 70's. Pretty near perfect weather. Rained a bit last night. Need to take care of my critters, then off to HD, then to the shop for some more work.

Adios! % have a good one!!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,934  
70 going to 93 today, then a big cool off, unlike me, I'm looking forward to it!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,935  
2012-08-17, 0800

63 now, high of 85 with possibility of thunderstorms.

Had two interesting calls about jobs yesterday.
The first was for a contract Quality Engineer at a local company for a specific defense contract from a major player in defense...looked good, close to home and the money was right for a short term contract. So, I applied and have an interview next Wednesday.
The second job would be through the agency I'm currently contracted to (doing source inspection). The client in this contract is that major player in defense I wrote about above...to audit the same project for the position above. I put in for that one too.
So, one way or another, I'll mostly likely be at that local company. I'm just not sure which side of the customer/supplier relationship I'll be on.

The DCMA job is still in the works and the background check is still going on. I don't know if that's good or bad...

/ Good morning!!!! #4,937  
Drank all my allotted coffee for the day hours ago. It was 59 degrees with clear skies this morning. Heading to 72 with mostly sun this afternoon. Doing small projects today. Yesterdays storms never showed up. Got about 50 miles west of my place. Then split up and headed North and South of us.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,938  
Hi guys...beautiful weather today, been push mowing and using the weedeater and later will go out and mow and acre with the Deere. Tomato crop is coming in like gangbusters, been giving out a lot of them to family and neighbors. Hardly ever visit TBN these days because you guys are so nasty to me....:laughing:

/ Good morning!!!! #4,939  
...because you guys are so nasty to me....:laughing:

Only because you deserve it Bill!

PS - I got my job offer at about 6pm tonight... I accepted it, I start 9/1...

I'm excited...

Be well all of you (even Bill).
David

/ Good morning!!!! #4,940  
Randy,

rswyan, you're a lucky man to find a youth today with a work ethic.
Don't I know it .... ;)

He's going to vo-ed school right now and has mentioned the hope of getting "a good job" when he graduates ....

I keep telling him that he needs to think in terms of being the master of his own destiny - owning his own business - and doing what he loves to do ....

And it appears he's doing just that - he's pouring a sidewalk and patio for someone this morning before he comes over to work on the retaining wall :thumbsup:

One of the biggest things he has going for him is that he is interested .... in all manner of things ....

One thing he is not, is a spectator .... he wants to participate.

Better take advantage while you can!
Believe me, I intend to .... although it is a bit of a double-edged sword: trying to keep up him is getting to be a challenge .... :laughing:

I recall when getting some kids to help was a matter of sending my kids out in the neighborhood with an offer of $5 and lunch. Days long past.
Yup ....

Yesterday when he showed up he brought his friend "Bob" to help .... turns out I went to school with Bob's father and uncle and we were in the same Boy Scout troop together .... small world :D

But it's a little bit different than it used to be .... there was a time that he would help out just to have something to do I guess .... or get some seat time with the equipment ....

But he's older now .... and has more expensive interests and needs .... he drives and has a truck and jeep .... and girls have appeared on the horizon these last few years ....

So I got to make sure that I exchange with him .... although I think he'd still help .... even if I couldn't ....

So it's not just a work ethic .... but also a help ethic ....

Personally, I think this young man has a very bright future .... and I consider myself lucky to have ever known him.