Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,951  
Good morning all, I had no idea it has been 3 days. 78F going to 81F, was about 60F early this morning. Have mowed a few patches, but most of the grass has not grown much with the rain I've had.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,952  
Roy congrats on the job prospects!!
Moss congrats on the new job!!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,953  
Only because you deserve it Bill!

PS - I got my job offer at about 6pm tonight... I accepted it, I start 9/1...

I'm excited...

Be well all of you (even Bill).
David

I deserve to be insulted, huh??? Well, about your new job....

YOU DESERVE IT !! CONGRATULATIONS....glad they picked the best man for the position. Hopefully it's a boost in your income so NOW you can afford to buy a green and yellow CUT....:laughing:

/ Good morning!!!! #4,954  

Thanks very much...but I'm not getting my hopes up yet. Been there and have been quite disappointed before.
We'll see if it happens.

/ Good morning!!!!
#4,955  
Dave, congrats on the job!! Roy, good luck with the same!! I think things are picking up.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,956  
Drinking hot coffee will warm me up. Another 49 degree morning with partly cloudy skies. Heading to 75 with thunderstorms in spots. :confused3: That's a weird forecast. Maybe it is better than the one where we are suppose to get thunderstorms and nothing ever shows up. Going to uncover Motorhome for a trip later this week. Then Sunday afternoon NASCAR.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,957  
David, congrulations :applause: :cheerful: :yes: :jump: on getting the job offer and a start date. All the best and hope it works out even better than you think.

Moss congrats on the new job!!

YOU DESERVE IT !! CONGRATULATIONS....glad they picked the best man for the position. Hopefully it's a boost in your income so NOW you can afford to buy a green and yellow CUT....:laughing:

Dave, congrats on the job!! Roy, good luck with the same!! I think things are picking up.

Thank you ALL for the well wishes, and I echo the well wishes to Roy as well.
I keep hoping our economy will turn the corner and start getting better, for all of our sakes. So 300UGuy, I hope and pray you are right!

Thank you all VERY MUCH.
Be well,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #4,958  
62 headed for 81 with a chance of t-storms and rain in the late afternoon, and 50% rain overnight.

I went and picked up the first 50 of at least 200 bales of hay from my guy yesterday and loaded them into the "barn", I had to move another 10 or 15 older bales around as I figured out the best way to stack them. Hot and dirty work, but fun.

Unfortunately my collarbone is really howling. It hurt last night, but I am very sore this morning, I cannot imagine I hit it, or what, because I've loaded many many bales since I broke it last November, but I am really uncomfortable today... My wife thinks it i a muscle somehow...

I've got Church later at the little daughter Church we started here in Ladysmith and I'm smoking some turkey thighs, but I'm not sure what else I'm doing today. Maybe bushhogging??? Who knows.

Be well,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #4,959  
Woke up at 0330 .... couldn't sleep :rolleyes:

60 degrees and mostly cloudy here @ 0500 .... supposed to be partly cloudy with a high of 76 today. Supposed to have another 6 or so days of nice weather before any significant chance of rain - highs in the upper 70's, low 80's ....

Wound up with three helpers yesterday .... and got quite a bit of wall built .... it sort of ended up being a mixed bag though - while I was pretty happy with how the base course of rock ended up, the courses above that are a mixed bag ....

The kids didn't quite "get it", totally .... although I'm not sure I did either :laughing: - it's the first time I've ever done a rock retaining wall of any real scale. It's definitely an art ....

They seemed to be in a big hurry to chuck rocks around .... rather than working at a measured, deliberate pace .... with an eye towards creating something that was aesthetically pleasing, as well as structurally sound .... despite a good bit of effort on my part to communicate what was actually needed and wanted ....

I will likely go back thru the upper courses at my own pace and reset some (many) of the stones to my satisfaction. The good news is that the hardest part (physically) - the setting of the largest rocks on the base course - is done .... and it looks reasonably decent I guess. Finishing the upper courses will still be a lot of work .... but at least the rock sizes are manageable (mostly under 100 lbs)

Ended up backfilling about 6" to 12" behind the wall with gravel and stuck some perforated 4" flex pipe in there to facilitate drainage.

I was amazed at how quickly the wall "ate" the rocks .... about 1/2 way thru I was wondering if there was going to be enough rocks to make it as high as it needs to be .... still may have to scavenge more rock out of some piles I have laying around ....

I think I'll have at least two of them back today .... if so I'm going to shift them to a few other tasks/projects I need to get completed to get the outside area around the barn done.

David,

Hope ya get the collar bone thing sorted out - it doesn't sound like any fun .... maybe the woman can give ya a little rub ;)

BTW - congrats on the new job :thumbsup:

/ Good morning!!!! #4,960  
Good Morning! 54 degrees heading to 78 today. Sun and clouds in the PM> Heading to camp to mow this morning. So glad to see things getting green again. Enjoy the day, TBN readers.:)