Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,964  
Good morning all! Cloudy and 60* with a high of 80. Cooler temps and rain have really started the grass growing again. Much nicer weather for working outside. Have a good one!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,965  
A little cooler at 77 for a high today with mostly sun. No thunderstorms yesterday which is good, our forest fire rating is up to extreme so lighting strikes could have started fires.
Will pick some blackberries with my 5 year old grand niece. Was going to the lake today but will go tomorrow when it should be less crowded. Keeping a good eye on her when we are outside due to the cougar we had here a few weeks ago. At Sprout Lake, which is about 40 or so miles from us, a 7 year old boy got badly mauled by a cougar about a week ago. They tracked this cougar and shot him.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,966  
60's early low 80's later, looks like rain headed our way from the south east, We'll take it!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,967  
Here is a post from the obnoxious, opinionated, cranky old fart: 71 here now, was out push mowing and will do more with the Deere later tonite. Was out till dark last night playing catch up with mowing. Getting cukes and peppers and tomatoes up the wazoo, thinking about putting some out by the roadfront with a "free" sign...:laughing: mom in law says she can buy tomatoes for $20 a bushel makes me wonder why I even grow them.

I hit the big SIX-ONE in a few days...only a year and a few days and I can be qualified to collect Social Security...geezerland big time.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,968  
68 degrees here. We slept with the windows open for the first time in MONTHS... Rained ALL DAY yesterday, hard about dinner time.

Today I give notice to my current employer. I have only "quit" three times in the last 30 years... I left for a better job in 1989 (it was not really better, went belly up in 9 months), I left a company in 2006 that I had helped get bought and the buyers were ruining all I had built (To this day, it was the BEST base pay ever in my career, and I walked), and in 2008 I left a startup where I was a VP of Sales when they ran out of money and wanted me to work for (almost) free (receptionist made more, I had kids and a pregnant wife) so I left to be self-employed.

I feel really good about this new job, new company, and my new boss. I feel like I'm going back to where I belong. In Sept. 2002 when the .Com market was imploding and the market was collapsing, I got laid off from Intel after 10.5 years and outstanding performance (I was #1 in the nation in my job in 2000) and I've worked some C R A Z Y jobs in the past 10 years. Now I'm going back to a LARGE company in a sales role and I hope to be here, climbing the ladder for the next 10-15 years...

Dear God, I hope this all works out well.

Have a great day folks!

Be well!
David

/ Good morning!!!! #4,969  
Here is a post from the obnoxious, opinionated, cranky old fart... Getting cukes and peppers and tomatoes up the wazoo...

I hit the big SIX-ONE in a few days...only a year and a few days and I can be qualified to collect Social Security...geezerland big time.

Bill,

Knowing and facing your problems is the first step. Maybe someday you will be less of an "obnoxious, opinionated, cranky old fart" (but I doubt it).

We did heirloom tomatoes for many of ours and they are not doing as well, very fragile on the vine, too many rot in place, hey go from under-ripe to over-ripe and damaged in the blink of an eye... Did not do as well as we had hoped. But the ones we got were YUMMY.

Happy Early Birthday. Growing old is a state of mind. With your activity level physically you will not be old, but mentally you are already a "obnoxious, opinionated, cranky old fart" so in some regards it is too late, that milk done been spilt already so quit yer crying...

Be well dude,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #4,970  
Coffee is brewing. 51 degrees this morning with clear skies. Heading to 75 with another possibility of thunderstorms. Doctor visits for my mother today.
Good Morning All.