Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,972  
Good morning! It's 62 degrees and that's a welcome change from the hot summer we've had here in Georgia. I am ready for fall.

After working in the yard all weekend, it's time to go back to the office for my indoor job. Balance, I suppose. Tonight I plan to stain a section of fence that I missed in the spring. I need to get to it before the cedar turns gray, or it won't match the rest of the fence!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,973  
Good morning. The first cool front hit yesterday,brought an inch of rain and cooler temps. Today, before sunrise, we are at a wonderful 72.

I decided to do an evening run yesterday but got interrupted by an sight I have never seen before and had to stop to explore.

Off in the distance I saw what looked like a thin line of smoke going straight up. As I got closer I saw it was not in the distance but on the fence line and it was not smoke but some kind of bugs, millions of bugs, that looked like a tube 10 feet in diameter and a hundred feet up into the sky.

I could not identify the bugs they looked like static on a TV. I ran back to the house, grabbed the camera and took several pictures. They did not come out well but this is the best shot on the high zoom. On camera they just look like a smudge toward the right hand side of the picture. Could it have been a very large swarm of bees? The tube was almost stationary with the bugs swarming at least 30 minutes till dark.

The two pictures are the same just a higher KB download on one.

Attachments

• smoke bugs.jpg
    smoke bugs.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 94
  • bugs.jpg
    bugs.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 102
   / Good morning!!!! #4,974  
2012-08-20, 0730

63 and overcast. Prdiction is a high of 77 and thunderstorms.

I did get all the yard debris (branches and such) picked up yesterday. All in the trailer now, awaiting chipping. Looking at the week forecast, that'll probably be next weekend.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,975  
67 high of 79 today, got a little rain and a lot of clouds, so the grass is filling in better all the time.

TXdon, we get swarms like that here in the winter or early spring on days that get warmer than normal, from about February through March/early April, sometimes a warm day in late fall will do it. What we have gnat/small fly looking critters.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,976  
Good morning! Comfortable 60* with some patchy fog and a high in the mid 70's. Got some rain last night.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,977  
well Wisconsin was the coldest in the nation,34 this morning.we had 43 and getting up to 73 today.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,980  
64 headed to 83 with a 30% chance of T-Storms.
Got good rain yesterday and very heavy rain about 7pm for a good 15-20 minutes of downpour.

Be well all,
David