Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #50,971  
speaking of Larro, where is he?

David/MFW, how is the new job going? If you have time to read this...

RNG, I think my view of perfection in a motorcycle might be an R69 or one of the classic twin opposed BMW engines. Gorgeous castings, timeless design like a boxer engine on a Subaru or Porsche, and despite what I read is a clunky trans, not to be hurried, simply a timeless super reliable design. Yeah, don't put a turbo on it...
I'm also partial to the older Honda Supersports. They sure made nice looking engines too.

My first college summer I drove a sod boom truck delivering sod over a tristate area. I was all of 18 years old, obviously did not have a CDL, the owner looked at me, said "you're going to Brown? Well you must be smart enough to drive this truck". And I was...first time with a two speed rear. I chuckle even now about this guy's driving criteria. Hard job, unloading all that sod, often by hand when the piles fell over. Owner would leave the truck out at night and it would get rained on. Way overweight, he didn't care...and I never got pulled over. Guess I drove ok, sure teaches you to use your mirrors and drive defensively. But the point of this was that I commuted to work on a Harley Davidson. Oh no, not what you think at all....for an embarrassingly few years when the gas crisis hit, Harley allowed their name to be put on the side of a 50cc, maybe 90cc, two cycle ring ding ding ding motorcycle. So here was this tiny motorcycle, styled like maybe a Honda 90, with this wheezy little engine on it, and the funniest thing of all, the Harley name on the tank. I wonder if they are collector items now...terrible little bike; the frame flexed going around corners. And getting out of this 200 pound motorcycle and getting into a big truck was a bit jarring. The next three summers I worked night shift in the local paper bag factory, another good but seriously hard work experience. I was sure not the Gameboy gen...nor were most of you.

time to get my Kindle and off to the Ram dealer.

/ Good morning!!!! #50,972  
From the Confederate site:

"COMBAT 61 COLLECTION

Brutal, minimal, and built to last, reveal, and transform.

Fresh superabundant energy, force and power is breathed into the world's rebel motoring culture, as envisioned and created, one machine at a time, by the fiercely independent hot rod giants upon whose shoulders we so proudly stand.

As a salute to those gentlemen we so greatly revere, we are honored to offer the most primal example of raw American Power it is possible to create."

Oh dear, I'm afraid I'll never measure up to that standard Drew! I have enough trouble keeping track of just 60 horses, let along the excessive power those things probably make. But I will take exception of the use of the word "delicate" when referring to the early '90s vintage BMWs I ride. The dual sport is rapidly approaching 140,000 miles on the clock, and has covered quite a few of those miles on really bad dirt roads as well as tons of asphalt. Not as many repairs as upgrades, done to take advantage of higher performance parts available on the aftermarket. The current BMW line seems to be in competition with the Confederate folks, offering gobs of horsepower sold under a guise of reliability that my experience shows is not at all there.:confused2:

When I saw what the price of a cotton T-shirt cost, it actually ticked me off...$59.99 I guess I won't ever be a part of that exclusivity.

/ Good morning!!!! #50,973  
When I saw what the price of a cotton T-shirt cost, it actually ticked me off...$59.99 I guess I won't ever be a part of that exclusivity.

I think these guys drink a little too much of their own Koolaid. I guess outrageous extends to their pricing.

/ Good morning!!!! #50,974  
49 this morning and headed to 60 today. Misted rain all day yesterday but didn't really add any to the total.

Taking oldest son to the eye doctor this morning. Should be interesting as he's never been. Then back to setup chicken coops. They are ready to start dropping lines.

Don sorry for your loss.

/ Good morning!!!! #50,976  
49 this morning and headed to 60 today. Misted rain all day yesterday but didn't really add any to the total.

Taking oldest son to the eye doctor this morning. Should be interesting as he's never been. Then back to setup chicken coops. They are ready to start dropping lines.

Don sorry for your loss.

Farmer, for us to get Finnly some early intervention, we had to get hearing and eye exams, a visit with a pediatric psychiatrist, and a pediatric behaviorist. It was not cheap, especially the latter two. The behaviorist recommended we come back for more appointments, but for $200 out of pocket for 30 minutes, I said we couldn't afford it. Plus, it was in Austin, which is an hour away the other direction from which I work.

I hope his eye exam can help determine if he needs glasses or not. Mostly, I hope his eyesight is good to go.

Drew, those old 2 stroke Harleys were made in Italy IIRC. Here was one of the smaller ones.
web-back-IMG_1325.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #50,977  
I have had the most grievous job of telling my parents my little brother died suddenly.

Thanks for adding a little sunshine to my day Finnly.

Don, I'm so sorry to hear that! No words can help, but Godspeed to you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #50,979  
speaking of Larro, where is he?

David/MFW, how is the new job going? If you have time to read this...

RNG, I think my view of perfection in a motorcycle might be an R69 or one of the classic twin opposed BMW engines. Gorgeous castings, timeless design like a boxer engine on a Subaru or Porsche, and despite what I read is a clunky trans, not to be hurried, simply a timeless super reliable design. Yeah, don't put a turbo on it...
I'm also partial to the older Honda Supersports. They sure made nice looking engines too.

My first college summer I drove a sod boom truck delivering sod over a tristate area. I was all of 18 years old, obviously did not have a CDL, the owner looked at me, said "you're going to Brown? Well you must be smart enough to drive this truck". And I was...first time with a two speed rear. I chuckle even now about this guy's driving criteria. Hard job, unloading all that sod, often by hand when the piles fell over. Owner would leave the truck out at night and it would get rained on. Way overweight, he didn't care...and I never got pulled over. Guess I drove ok, sure teaches you to use your mirrors and drive defensively. But the point of this was that I commuted to work on a Harley Davidson. Oh no, not what you think at all....for an embarrassingly few years when the gas crisis hit, Harley allowed their name to be put on the side of a 50cc, maybe 90cc, two cycle ring ding ding ding motorcycle. So here was this tiny motorcycle, styled like maybe a Honda 90, with this wheezy little engine on it, and the funniest thing of all, the Harley name on the tank. I wonder if they are collector items now...terrible little bike; the frame flexed going around corners. And getting out of this 200 pound motorcycle and getting into a big truck was a bit jarring. The next three summers I worked night shift in the local paper bag factory, another good but seriously hard work experience. I was sure not the Gameboy gen...nor were most of you.

time to get my Kindle and off to the Ram dealer.

Drew, back in our younger days we had semi off road bikes, I rode a Yamaha 175 Enduro, Lynn had a Harley ( Aermacchi), Italian made 90. As I recall they had 50, 90, 125 and 250 cc versions.