Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #51,101  
36 and frosty going to 58.

I just love early morning tractor **** :). Glad the fire ants haven't made it up here (yet?).

Had a great day with sons cutting firewood yesterday. Sorry my son had 8 large oaks and hickories die, but they make the best firewood around here. First time I've cut wood with a 3 person team cutting, moving and lifting rounds, splitting and loading into trucks...worked very well. Didn't stop, even for a break, for over 7 hours and I can feel it today. Fell asleep during the first inning last night.

Towing the splitter worked okay...never went over 40 mph, but had to pull over a number of times to let people pass (55mph speed limit the entire trip)...amazing to watch how different drivers react to approaching a slow vehicle, following it, and then passing. The 18 wheelers did it best. Splitter only lost a small amount of fluid through the vent. I can't see the splitter in my rear view mirrors, either...thought about mounting one of those bicycle flexible flag poles, especially for backing up, even though my truck has a back up camera.

RNG, that blue color looks great on the van.

No tax discounts here...just late payment penalties...but glad no tax for views or for the sounds of hawks screaming in the sky, cows mooing, and the smell of fresh turned earth.

/ Good morning!!!! #51,102  
Poured first cup of coffee. 32ー with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 42ー with rain in afternoon. Got all the branches run thew chipper. Then spread around gardens. No plans for today yet.
View attachment 485973
Drew, they make a tool to expand muffler pipes so you can get the 2 pipe together. Exhaust pipe expander.
Txdon, you had better watch your tax bill. I see a valley view being added. Ridiculous way to raise taxes.
PJS, hope son is feeling OK after extractions.
Farmer, hope fan replacement works out in our favor.
Irv, taxes here in Oakland County keep going up. But after 45 years of living on a county road. It still is not paved. The county has over 700 miles of unpaved roads.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #51,103  
29F cloudy low 40's for high.
Calling for mix bag weather moving into tonight,we sure could use the dampest.

Today the BIG day....IH Chapter 18 picks the winner of restore Farmall Cub,my fingers toe and :confused2: will be cross....come on baby daddy needs another tractor.:dance1:

Enjoy the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #51,104  
Drew you may need to get the female end of the pipe hot.

heat expands, make the female end larger for insertion and perhaps more pliable and when it cools
metal shrinks a little holding it together. Got it, thanks

time for my welding gloves...

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #51,105  
29F cloudy low 40's for high.
Calling for mix bag weather moving into tonight,we sure could use the dampest.

Today the BIG day....IH Chapter 18 picks the winner of restore Farmall Cub,my fingers toe and :confused2: will be cross....come on baby daddy needs another tractor.:dance1:
How exciting! Now if it's nice enough for a ribbon I hope you'll post a picture, ribbon or not
Hoping that your horse; err. tractor comes in.

/ Good morning!!!! #51,106  
Txdon, you had better watch your tax bill. I see a valley view being added. Ridiculous way to raise taxes.

When we were building the tax man remarked about the view and said with the scenic view the property's value is higher so I guess I'm paying for the view, it's just not itemized in the assessment.

When I lived in the condo in Houston one side faced the park with downtown in the background and the other side faced the VA parking lot. I was on the parking lot side and enjoyed the same condo as the other side but 20K less, and less taxes every year. The price of the condos valuation also rose 2K for each floor up. I had to protest my taxes every other year and explain to them which direction I faced and I was not on the 40th floor. I had my current sales data research ready and won every time.

/ Good morning!!!! #51,107  
An unseasonably warm 12C/54F when I checked the car's thermometer at 07:00 am - not that I'm complaining, there is still plenty of time left this year to be scraping the ice off in a morning.

This country used to have a sort of view tax. The amount paid was based on the number of windows you could look out of. It got abolished back in 1850, yet to this day you still occasionally see old houses where they bricked up some of the windows to save paying as much tax.

Tried to help with a friends old tractor yesterday, but no luck. When I went over last week, it wouldn't turn over and I found the starter solenoid (relay) was not pulling in. New solenoid arrived and that part is now working. The starter motor can pull current but it will still not turn, so it will have to come off for a better look. Don't believe in coincidental failures like that, so would guess the starter motor has somehow killed the starter solenoid, but not sure how, unless they simply tried cranking for too long and it overheated.

/ Good morning!!!!
#51,109  
Poured first cup of coffee. 32ー with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 42ー with rain in afternoon. Got all the branches run thew chipper. Then spread around gardens. No plans for today yet.
View attachment 485973
Drew, they make a tool to expand muffler pipes so you can get the 2 pipe together. Exhaust pipe expander.
PJS, hope son is feeling OK after extractions.
Farmer, hope fan replacement works out in our favor.
Irv, taxes here in Oakland County keep going up. But after 45 years of living on a county road. It still is not paved. The county has over 700 miles of unpaved roads.
Good Morning All.

What drives me nuts is that a lot of our roads here continue into Ingham county. Most are very nicely paved, and their taxes aren't any more than ours?

/ Good morning!!!! #51,110  
Good morning all, 42 this morning going to 57. Tried to post yesterday but it got hung up on the do you want to leave this page thing and would not let me post. Had trouble with this thing after I got the last update. Need to go to geek squad but I keep putting it off. Got the ditch dug yesterday but could not get under the side walk, bucket was curled even when it was fully extended so could not tunnel under it. I have done it with a bobcat before, this is a wacker or something. Found a mid size sds hammer drill on craigs list and hope to drive a pipe under the walk with it if I get it. Pure red clay so we will see how it works. Going to see the Doc today, lungs burn when I do much and been sore fore a week. Time to get it checked out.

Don Prayers sent for you and your family.

Have a great day Ed