Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!!
#5,111  
It's so easy for us retired guys like you and I to congratulate others on their new jobs, promotions, pay raises, etc. while we are secretly telling ourselves we did the right thing to jump off the treadmill when we did.

And BTW, Roy isn't a tough old guy...he is a grumpy, opinionated, biased, narrow minded OLD FART.

My grandfather retired at 62, back when that was uncommon. My dad retired at 51, I, the underachiever, retired at 53. There isn't anybody in my family telling me I should have worked longer, actually, quite the opposite. I've thought about going back, I have had opportunities, but I just can't talk myself into it.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,112  
Now my feelings are hurt, Roy didn't read my post! :melodramatic::melodramatic:

My deepest and most heartfelt apologies, Bro!!

/ Good morning!!!! #5,113  
And BTW, Roy isn't a tough old guy...he is a grumpy, opinionated, biased, narrow minded OLD FART.

And that is the latest update from our resident expert grumpy, opinionated, biased, narrow-minded OLD FART Bill!

At least he is qualified to judge, as the current world record holder of GOBNMOF's
:D
David

/ Good morning!!!! #5,114  
My grandfather retired at 62, back when that was uncommon. My dad retired at 51, I, the underachiever, retired at 53. There isn't anybody in my family telling me I should have worked longer, actually, quite the opposite. I've thought about going back, I have had opportunities, but I just can't talk myself into it.

Grandpa on my dad's side passed away early at 52, My great grandpa at 49, my dad at 69 after being retired 5 years...the guys in my family history don't have much luck at living to old age so when I had the chance to bail out at age 51 I took the offer. Still happy I took the jump almost 10 years later.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,116  
Good morning guys!

Sorry for my long absence, I hope everybody has been well.

It's an awful day here, rainy cloudy and cold!

I can only hope for improvement.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,117  
Good morning guys!

Sorry for my long absence, I hope everybody has been well.

It's an awful day here, rainy cloudy and cold!

I can only hope for improvement.

You were gone??

Anyway...
2012-08-29, 0415

59 degrees and dark (not too surprising, that). A high of 80 is predicted...looks to be a nice day!
Heading to Vermont this morning...spend a few days with my wife's kin, a job interview and house hunting.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,118  
67 and clear here. I've got to prep the "lake house" I have a new tenant moving in this weekend so I've got to mow, edge, clean up the burn pile, etc. plus there is a little repair where a door knob hit the wall.

Be well all!
David

/ Good morning!!!! #5,119  
67 now 83 today, gotta mow and trim and get packed for the week in the Outer Banks starting Saturday.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,120  
Coffee for today is almost gone. 64 degrees with some sun this morning. Heading to 84 with low humidity. Enjoying our stay in Indianapolis. Taking friends on a tour of Indy 500 Speedway. Hope I get out of here before fuel hits $5 gallon. :thumbdown:
Congrats's Roy.
Good Morning All.