Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #5,231  
Hit a record 102 here.

Had my 18 month post heart attack appointment with my Cardiologist today.
With my low-fat plant-based diet, and exercise I'm back to normal. My cardiologist has discontinued my remaining heart meds. Now it's just one small statin pill a day to keep my LDL under 70.

It was a good day! :)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #5,232  
2012-09-07, 0500

67 and dark right now. Forecast is a high of 87 and sunny
Back on the road today...got no idea where I'm going yet...

/ Good morning!!!! #5,233  
67 here. It is supposed to be hot and sunny today...

Yesterday I made it about 10-12 miles from my house and got caught in a HUGE T-Storm with pounding rain, on my Harley... I stopped under an overpass, but the trucks were swamping me, and I could not leave the bike there and walk the other 55 miles to work, so I put my phone, wallet etc in a saddlebag and rode another7 miles to the next exit and parked uner a gas station roof. I was absolutely soaked. Worse was while riding to the exit I could no see ANYTHING. The semi I was following was only a couple car lenghts ahead, but I could not make out the lights, just red blurry spots I only "saw" the exit because I was in the right lane, and in my peripheral vision near he front wheel I saw the dotted line on the pavement and assumed it was finally the exit. VERY unsafe way to ride. My wife came and rescued me and put my laptop backpack (nothing inside was wet!!!) and such in the car. I rode about 0.6 miles from the gas station to my big house in town where my tenant allowed me to park my Harley in the driveway. My wife took me home and I changed clothes, got my truck, and drove to work.

I'm planning to try to ride agian today, but the weather here sure is tricky.

The storm was completely unexpected. it caught my kids out feeding the neighbors chickens & horses, and they ended up leaving their bike and the JD LX266 with trailer out. After the storm there was almost 2.5" of water in the trailer.

I believe we will end up totally recovered from the drought here pretty soon in rainfall total, but just not at the times the crops needed it.

Be well all,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #5,234  
Hit 88 here today, too darn hot for me. Just came in from spraying the pumpkin vines. So far my project where I am using the "Redneck scaffolding" is going well, such a time consuming job to repair and rebuild a 2 foot square area.

David, very happy the new job is worthwhile for you and that you enjoy it to the extent you want to share that news with the rest of us...

Bill,

Thanks.

Did you know this post generated FOUR email notices? They changed something here...
:rolleyes:
David

/ Good morning!!!! #5,235  
To hot to have a suit on. It's 68.. Heading to a funeral. I'm too old for weddings so about the only time I wear the suit is for funerals. Guy was only 48. Wife and three children.

Wedge

That is tragic. I'm only 48 with a wife and 3 girls at home! :eek:

Sorry for your loss sir.
David

/ Good morning!!!! #5,236  
Hit a record 102 here.

With my low-fat plant-based diet, and exercise I'm back to normal. My cardiologist has discontinued my remaining heart meds. Now it's just one small statin pill a day to keep my LDL under 70.

Well Done Don! :thumbsup:
Be VERY Well sir!

David

/ Good morning!!!! #5,237  
Hit a record 102 here.

Good news Don. Betty is back to doing her normal daily exercise. Shopping, house work and garden care.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,238  
Drinking my coffee on a cool morning. 56 degrees with clear skies. Heading to 80 with afternoon/evening thunderstorms. Big weather change coming this afternoon. Going to be in the 60's before sundown. Trip to my mothers today.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,239  
Good Morning! 78 now heading to a record breaking 104 this afternoon, clear skies, getting very dry. I will have a sunrise, med-free, run.
This weekend Fall will come blasting in from the North and for the first time in a long time we will see 60's. With the cooler weather, I will be able to increase the distances. The dry, North, 25 mph wind wind will however increase our grass/brush fire hazard.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,240  
Hit a record 102 here.

That's great Don, now you can start having some BlueBell:D

49* here in Alamosa Colorado