Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #531  
Yeah...I just got laid off from a contract job I had in Baltimore...can't say I'm too too sorry the job is over (since it was 3rd shift)and I knew the contract would be ending.
It's just not a good time of year to be looking for another contract...or full time. I still get the calls, but the jobs are 200 miles away...and that would end up costing me money.

Roy,

I did not realze you were that close. I did not realize Baltimore was that close to Penn...

Silly me!

I get up to Columbia & Baltimore occasionally for work...

David

David

/ Good morning!!!! #532  
Roy,

I did not realze you were that close. I did not realize Baltimore was that close to Penn...

Silly me!

I get up to Columbia & Baltimore occasionally for work...

David

David

It was a 60 mile drive, one way...
I made enough money to make the drive worthwhile. If it had been first shift (as I had contracted for), it wouldn't have been so bad.

Since you're in northern VA and I'm in south central PA, I'm guessing we're less then 100 miles apart.

/ Good morning!!!! #533  
Thanks for the thoughts, guys.... I'm hoping (financing still to be arranged) to purchase a little '56 Tri-Pacer that, as I suspected, and verified on giving it a try Sunday, has a lot of heart.

It was "metalized" in '59 and completely restored in 2006 after having sat for a number of years: new interior, new fabric on the empennage, new glass on front & sides, and the current owner added independent toe-brakes and a few other things. Currently has about 750 SMOH on the O-320 engine, around 3050 TTAF.

Radios are still original (OLD!) and the NAV doesn't work, but it has a dock for a Garmin GPSMAP unit. Current owner also cleaned up the dash and the wiring when he converted it to alternator.

Current owner is an LTC in the AF, very nice guy, and struck me as very honest. This is his "push the button and go" almost anytime plane; his main ride, a Baron (!), blew an engine. His wife really didn't want to sell the Pacer, but he really wants something that can "fly upside down." He did tell me that this Pacer has been to Oshkosh 4 out of the last 5 years, so folks up there know it....:rolleyes:

Roy, if I knew you were that close, I'd love to have stopped by. As it was, however, it was a very long day. Surprised that I actually survived a trip like that at my age!

So here I am, still hoping and trying to put the pieces together.....:eek:

Attachments

• DSC03927.JPG
    DSC03927.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC03930.JPG
    DSC03930.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC03931.JPG
    DSC03931.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 72
   / Good morning!!!! #534  
No coffee in the cup this morning. Just water. Have a doctor appointment this morning. 29 degrees this morning. Headed to a high of 38 and maybe some sun. Never showed up yesterday. This afternoon is one of the party's this week. One of the benefits of being retired. We can have a party midday and midweek. Of course everyone else is retired also.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #535  
60 and raining.

It is sloppy wet outside. I wonder if my finre finally went out (it was still smoking a bit last night at 6pm after 7 hours of rain.

Today I need to buy the Framing nail gun. It is either the Hitachi at Lowe's for $199 (plus hopefully the 10% military discount), or the Rigid for $229 (maybe military discount?) at Home Depot.

I was in Harbor Freight yesterday and I could NOT BELIEVE their central Pneumatic framing nailer was only $79!!!!! Is it REALLY That bad!

Yesterday I fed the fire once early (around 7am) and I moved the tractor down by the house.

Be well all,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #536  
62 an light rain.It was mid 70s yesterday.I have a bostage framing nail gun.
Army Grunt

/ Good morning!!!! #537  
Morning, 50 degrees outside this morning and they are calling for 7-10 inches of snow tonight.:confused2: Yeah, OK!

/ Good morning!!!! #538  
No coffee in the cup this morning. Just water. Have a doctor appointment this morning. 29 degrees this morning.
I always wonder if the fasting thing really does anything. Either way I hate it when I have to do it. My wife and I always schedule our appointments for the same time so we are both fasting in the morning. Nothing worse than smelling coffee in the morning and can't have any.

/ Good morning!!!! #539  
27 degrees here, just scraped the frost off the wife's car and sent her to work. Now that the ground has firmed up after all that snow melting, I will go back today and finish getting my brush pile ready for next months burning. Want some seat time so that is a good way to work that in.

Irvingj...congrats on the possible plane purchase....I have a good friend with a Piper Charger 235, he loves to say:

"An airplane is a window you throw money out of...."

/ Good morning!!!! #540  
irvingj
Atripacer thats great.Good luck.
Army Grunt