Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #5,611  
Well...I was up earlier- just sitting down to post, given the weather- I don't have a lot of motivation to go back outside.

Somewhat warm, drizzle to fine mist coming down- just enough to be annoying. However, yesterday the fine mist coming down also seemed to swirl around and back up. Yup- snow. I wasn't sure at first and anyone driving by might have thought I was weird, staring at nothing.

It was just cold enough at our elevation that the mist was frozen. across the road and own about 50 foot elevation and it was obviously rain. I enjoy living "up on high" but really......I get snow and the neighbors don't.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,612  
Hey, maybe he buried the slab at somebody else's place!!!! LOL

HA HA HA !!! :laughing:

That would be FUN!

:rotfl:
David

/ Good morning!!!! #5,613  
Coffee is in the cup. 57 degrees this morning. Heading to 75 with early rain shower and sun in the afternoon. Slab is buried 4' down. Should not be a problem as long as I live here. Need to start winterizing garden pond today. Been getting daily visits from a Sandhill Crane. Frogs are gone from pond. But fish know how to hide from Cranes.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,614  
Coffee is in the cup. 57 degrees this morning. Heading to 75 with early rain shower and sun in the afternoon. Slab is buried 4' down. Should not be a problem as long as I live here. Need to start winterizing garden pond today. Been getting daily visits from a Sandhill Crane. Frogs are gone from pond. But fish know how to hide from Cranes.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,616  
Up at 0500, late to TBN because I needed to finish loading the dishwasher and I'm doing IT admin on my wife's laptop... My favorite tasks!

70 headed to 83! But low tonight is 57 so the humidity ends again tonight.

Working with my neighbor on training my horses, better way to say it, training myself and daughters not to be such greenhorn horse owners. Our Mare is really being difficult with me, I fear she has issues with men...

Be well all!
David

/ Good morning!!!! #5,617  
55 here now, drizzled rain much of yesterday so I couldn't get much done outside. One of the guys who is bowhunting on my property about 600 feet back from the house texted me about 6 pm last night and he said a coyote ran past his bait pile about 75 feet further back and that the guy hunting a quarter mile north of him saw two more about the same time. I have lived here since late '88 and never seen one of the vermin but I don't mow the back trails at night either. Going to finish storing the freezable stuff from the outbuildings today and change the oil and filter in our two cars.

Oh yes, got a flock of four Sandhill cranes here yesterday...our cats love to sit and gaze at them.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,618  
Good morning! Cloudy and 53* with a high in the mid-70's. TS's tomorrow and then cooler. Yesterday was a big battle with "Stink Bugs". Don't know their actual name but they stink when smooshed. They were all over the back and south side of the house. I was out with the shop vac sucking them up by the dozen. Guess they are looking for winter quarters. Hopefully the first freeze takes care of them. Have a good one!

/ Good morning!!!! #5,619  
morning,its 39 this morning and sunny.we could have a chance of showers later with a high of 62.the leaves on the trees are at there peak color and are falling off fast.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,620  
Good morning! Cloudy and 53* with a high in the mid-70's. TS's tomorrow and then cooler. Yesterday was a big battle with "Stink Bugs". Don't know their actual name but they stink when smooshed. They were all over the back and south side of the house. I was out with the shop vac sucking them up by the dozen. Guess they are looking for winter quarters. Hopefully the first freeze takes care of them. Have a good one!

Stink bugs is the correct term for the flattish brown ones....I have only seen a few of those this year, but am now seeing thousands of the smaller black and red box elder bugs...they don't stink but if you crush them they leave a disgusting orange residue. Yup, a shop vacuum is the best way to eliminate the insects. I put a plastic trash bag inside a 16 gallon vacuum tank and weight it down with a few stones in the outside edges inside the vacuum and use that vac for the bugs alone. When done sucking them up for the season, simply remove and toss the bag...no mess.