Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #5,631  
Good morning! Clear and 57* here with a high of 70 and rain this afternoon. The leaves are changing and the color is just spectacular. TGIF!

/ Good morning!!!! #5,632  
Hello all...David, I am sorry about what your daughter is enduring. Hoping she recovers quickly. Txdon---it's obvious the best way to hang that banner is with a pair of big tractors supporting the banner with FELs, actually the PVC pipe idea over a T-post is a great one, drill a hole in one end of the PVC pipe and fasten a strong cord thru the hole and run it to a stake in the ground. Not sure how heavy the banner is or how much the PVC will flex though. CBW1999, back about 1967 when I was a kid our family lived in a huge old farmhouse, my dad sold fuel oil in a tanker truck on the side and he told me in later years in mid winter the furnace would go thru 100 gallons a week...but heating oil was about 20 cents a gallon then.

Have to spend today mulching up leaves and cleaning the gutters for the last time this year then more storing deck furniture. 46 degrees here right now and the temp is supposed to keep declining the next few days.

Oh...about fall color, we have a number of sugar maples that are just brillant right now the pic was taken too late in the day to do it justice.

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 82
   / Good morning!!!! #5,633  
I have to start storing the deck furniture also. I still need the push mower w/bagger to help p/u leaves. Not looking forward to that. At least it seems that the stink bug attack is declining.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,634  
good morning and it a cool one,40 and only going to 46 today,talking maybe flurries tonight.

/ Good morning!!!!
#5,636  
I have been really busy lately, getting a rental place in order. I have a tenant moving in in a week, and I am putting in a new bathtub, where there wasn't one before. New job for me, so it has been "adventures in plumbing" for me. I will be really glad to get this done, between remodeling my wife's shop, and this project, I really haven't had much time for more interesting things. Like surfing on the net. Btw, retirement is keeping me busy!!

/ Good morning!!!! #5,638  
Good morning! 73 now heading up to the mid 90's.

At a local 5K race last year I made the mistake last year of complaining that my time was too fast because the course was too short and the finish line was around the corner from the start line which cut out on an effective sprint to the end. This year they put me in charge of the course. So yesterday at 93 degrees I walked the new course with my measuring wheel and measured out 16,404.1995 feet (actually I rounded to 16,404.2'). The finish and start are at the same line and there is a good 400 yard sprint area at the end with no corners.

The 8' start finish banner will have to be hung across the 24' road. There are no trees or existing poles, so I got to figure a way to hang it. I'm leaning toward t-post with a braced 10' section of 2" pvc slid over it. Any other ideas? Thanks.
This looks like a tractor project. Tractors on each side of road with FEL's raised to tie banner on. :D

/ Good morning!!!! #5,639  
Coffee is brewing. 38 degrees with clear skies. Heading to 50 with clouds. Going to finish getting garden pond winterized. Need to get it covered with a net before it fills with leaves.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,640  
Working on second cup of coffee. It's getting cooler out, only 36 this morning and tomorrow morning should be cooler. Finally broke down and turned the heat on. Thursday night I got the quote for the cement. Good thing you sit down when reading email. CHA-CHING. But I'm a firm believer in doing it right the first time. I'll have right at 45 yards of concrete, 2200 feet of pex, 4600 feet of #3 reb and about 2500sqft of XPS.

Wedge.