Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #5,711  
Our postal service is going broke also. Lots of folks don't send letters anymore, email is much cheaper, and you can send pics and stuff.

Not "going broke"...is broke.
The USPS has defaulted (very recently) on a major loan payment.

Frankly, I can't recall the last time I sent a letter or paid a bill through the mails.

/ Good morning!!!!
#5,712  
Not "going broke"...is broke.
The USPS has defaulted (very recently) on a major loan payment.

Frankly, I can't recall the last time I sent a letter or paid a bill through the mails.

I think what is keeping them afloat is the presence of a postal facility in every congressional district. They just built a new post office here, about 3 years ago. Might be the last one ever built. Seems to be a busy place? I live in a rural area, and until a few years ago, when I had something shipped UPS, the mail lady would deliver it!! Now we have a regular UPS driver here, she no longer delivers UPS packages.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,713  
BRRR...chilly day here. hi of 44 degrees, drizzling rain and windy. About the postal service...I recall back in 2001 and before my wife and I would get home from work and find a huge stack of snail mail (mostly bills) catalogs, magazines, flyers, etc. and we sent out so much mail first class we would go thru 100 stamps in five weeks, and today the same 100 stamps last over a year or longer. I read someplace the major source of revenue for the post office now is bulk mail.

Oh yeah...regular gas is currently $3.94.9, diesel is $4.09.9...

/ Good morning!!!! #5,714  
and- one of our senators was fighting to stop the closing of processing facilities here in Vermont. I don't get it- a business is losing income, has not had much luck with new/different marketing and business strategy but, our tax dollars are going to be pumped into it to save some jobs?

I don't want to see anyone lose their jobs but, I don't believe that bailing out a failing business is a good investment.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,715  
I driving around a bit (1000 miles) this week getting things done. The price of gasoline is between $3.55 and $3.65. I'll end up spending about $80 for gas in the Prius this week.

What year was that when they started to sell gasoline by the liter, it only lasted several months, - late 70s or early 80's?

/ Good morning!!!! #5,717  
44 here and only headed to 63. Tonight's low is predicted to be 39!

Birthday season is past now. In the last 4 weeks my son and to oldest daughters all had birthdays. Plus my 90 year old very good friend.

Now I'm doone with Birthday's pretty much until January.

Be well all !
David

/ Good morning!!!! #5,718  
Drinking lots of hot coffee this morning. 26 degrees with clear skies. Heading to 59 with clear skies and wind to keep leaves moving. Working on getting motorhome put away until after Christmas. Back is feeling better after some rest yesterday.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,719  
30 degrees here now, heavy frost overnite. Going to install a new front tire on the tractor today when it gets warmer....supposed to hit 58 later. I started doing winter prep things outdoors a month ago and it seems every time I get one thing crossed off the list another one gets added.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,720  
Good morning. It's 34* here with thin overcast and a high in the mid 50's and sunny skies. Have a good one!