Page 582 of 2608 FirstFirst ... 8248253257257958058158258358458559263268210821582 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 26076
    Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Default Re: Good morning!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by txdon View Post
    Good Morning!! 65 and mostly sunny! After 3 weeks of interruptions every day, I finished the last two raised beds yesterday in spite of another interruption.
    Don, I may have missed it, but how did your keyhole garden turn out? Have you posted about it?

Yesterday, I tilled my garden for the 3rd time in a month. The 1st time was to turn over/under all the remains of this year's garden. It was dry and dusty. After a rain storm, I tilled again to dry out the surface and chop up the dead vegetation. In the process, I turned up quite a few rocks around the size of oranges and grapefruits. My grandson and I picked rocks. We only got about a 5-gallon bucket full for the entire garden. Kathy and I have been picking rocks every year when we put in the garden and tossing them around the fence. Since it rained again last weekend, I tilled one more time before taking the tiller off my tractor. The soil is nice and fluffy and I only turned up one more rock in the whole garden. I think we are about clear.

-thirdtilling-jpg
    Jim

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    Don, I may have missed it, but how did your keyhole garden turn out? Have you posted about it?
    Jim, your soil is looking good.

The Key hole garden works but needs some work. below is a picture I just took. Even though we put veg waste in the center every day, the solider fly larvae eat it up and the level stays low. Hopefully their waste will keep the soil fertile. This winter I need to re-work the rocks and put mortar in, there are too many gaps, and when the cardboard rots I'll lose soil and water. The tomatoes did good and the remaining basil and peppers are thriving.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -keyhole-garden-jpg  
    TXDon

Tractor
    Kubota 7510, Toro Groundsmaster 217D

1020- 40 degrees and overcast, supposed to be ugly all day.

Top on the list is finish cutting and packing the turkey I unexpectedly had to cull yesterday...... I guess his last comment to the other tom about a short beard was enough. I heard a commotion in the coop and found said tom bleeding and the other standing on his head. Knew where that was going in short order so-.

Was planning on processing them on Wednesday anyway (only 5 total) but this was my first time with a turkey and all in all- went well.
    I thank God everyday for all of the blessings he has given me- especially for the one's I do not recognize or see!

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

Quote Originally Posted by CBW1999 View Post
    1020- ...... but this was my first time with a turkey and all in all- went well.
    I don't think the turkey would agree! ( couldn't resist.)
    TXDon

Tractor
    in-between tractors

Good evening all. Car from h3ll still in garage still not running, wont have to go into work until Friday and might get done there for a few weeks. Rain, playoff baseball and some golf in the forecast for the next two days . High Friday 55F

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Coffee is extra strong this morning. 48 degrees with light rain. Heading to 70 with sun mid day then more rain. Made it to doctors yesterday. Medication has only let me sleep about 3 hours. But I can stand straight up. Got medication for a few days. Then going to try some therapy for the first time. Not going to do much. Going to take motorhome out for a wash job and fill fuel tank.
    Go Tigers!!!!!!!
    Good Morning All.

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Coffee is extra strong this morning. 48 degrees with light rain. Heading to 70 with sun mid day then more rain. Made it to doctors yesterday. Medication has only let me sleep about 3 hours. But I can stand straight up. Got medication for a few days. Then going to try some therapy for the first time. Needed to make a decision last evening. Debate, Baseball, Debate, Baseball. Guess which one won. Not going to do much. Going to take motorhome out for a wash job and fill fuel tank.
    Go Tigers!!!!!!!
    Good Morning All.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

44 here headed to low 70's. Looks like nice weather or a few days at least. I love Fall and Spring in Virginia.

Be well all,
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

10-17-2012 Currently 43 degrees. High of 71 expected.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

Good morning all...52 degrees here already, hit 68 yesterday so I finished mowing for the year and mulched all the leaves, then pulled the mower deck from the tractor, cleaned it well, sharpened the blades and greased it then it went into storage. Today I will finish the last of the outdoor tasks I started a month ago...one of the great things about retirement is that you have a lot more time for your own priorities. Gotta go get my second cup of coffee...catch you later.
    Rather than worry about the things you want but don't have, be grateful for the things you don't want and don't have.

I didn't plan to do much of anything today, but by noon I was almost half done.

Page 582 of 2608 FirstFirst ... 8248253257257958058158258358458559263268210821582 ... LastLast