Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #5,811  
Good Morning!! 65 and mostly sunny! After 3 weeks of interruptions every day, I finished the last two raised beds yesterday in spite of another interruption.

Don, I may have missed it, but how did your keyhole garden turn out? Have you posted about it?

Yesterday, I tilled my garden for the 3rd time in a month. The 1st time was to turn over/under all the remains of this year's garden. It was dry and dusty. After a rain storm, I tilled again to dry out the surface and chop up the dead vegetation. In the process, I turned up quite a few rocks around the size of oranges and grapefruits. My grandson and I picked rocks. We only got about a 5-gallon bucket full for the entire garden. Kathy and I have been picking rocks every year when we put in the garden and tossing them around the fence. Since it rained again last weekend, I tilled one more time before taking the tiller off my tractor. The soil is nice and fluffy and I only turned up one more rock in the whole garden. I think we are about clear.

ThirdTilling.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #5,812  
Don, I may have missed it, but how did your keyhole garden turn out? Have you posted about it?

Jim, your soil is looking good.

The Key hole garden works but needs some work. below is a picture I just took. Even though we put veg waste in the center every day, the solider fly larvae eat it up and the level stays low. Hopefully their waste will keep the soil fertile. This winter I need to re-work the rocks and put mortar in, there are too many gaps, and when the cardboard rots I'll lose soil and water. The tomatoes did good and the remaining basil and peppers are thriving.

Attachments

• keyhole garden.jpg
    keyhole garden.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 107
   / Good morning!!!! #5,813  
1020- 40 degrees and overcast, supposed to be ugly all day.

Top on the list is finish cutting and packing the turkey I unexpectedly had to cull yesterday...... I guess his last comment to the other tom about a short beard was enough. I heard a commotion in the coop and found said tom bleeding and the other standing on his head. Knew where that was going in short order so-.

Was planning on processing them on Wednesday anyway (only 5 total) but this was my first time with a turkey and all in all- went well.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,815  
Good evening all. Car from h3ll still in garage still not running, wont have to go into work until Friday and might get done there for a few weeks. Rain, playoff baseball and some golf in the forecast for the next two days :) . High Friday 55F

/ Good morning!!!! #5,816  
Coffee is extra strong this morning. 48 degrees with light rain. Heading to 70 with sun mid day then more rain. Made it to doctors yesterday. Medication has only let me sleep about 3 hours. But I can stand straight up. Got medication for a few days. Then going to try some therapy for the first time. Not going to do much. Going to take motorhome out for a wash job and fill fuel tank.
Go Tigers!!!!!!!
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,817  
Coffee is extra strong this morning. 48 degrees with light rain. Heading to 70 with sun mid day then more rain. Made it to doctors yesterday. Medication has only let me sleep about 3 hours. But I can stand straight up. Got medication for a few days. Then going to try some therapy for the first time. Needed to make a decision last evening. Debate, Baseball, Debate, Baseball. Guess which one won. Not going to do much. Going to take motorhome out for a wash job and fill fuel tank.
Go Tigers!!!!!!!
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,818  
44 here headed to low 70's. Looks like nice weather or a few days at least. I love Fall and Spring in Virginia.

Be well all,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #5,820  
Good morning all...52 degrees here already, hit 68 yesterday so I finished mowing for the year and mulched all the leaves, then pulled the mower deck from the tractor, cleaned it well, sharpened the blades and greased it then it went into storage. Today I will finish the last of the outdoor tasks I started a month ago...one of the great things about retirement is that you have a lot more time for your own priorities. Gotta go get my second cup of coffee...catch you later.