Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #58,661  
And the call was exede wanting to urgently come and fix an issue with my satellite internet. The internet is working fine, im over my monthly limit and it hasn't throttled me back, wonder if that is the issue, lol.

/ Good morning!!!! #58,662  
Good Morning!!!! 67F @ 7:30AM. Sun and clouds mixed. High 87F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

I was with Wild Blue satellite before it became Exede and never had any issues. Exede was well named as I was always going over the data cap. And toward the end the satellites were often not working, and the tech support people on the other end of the phone couldn't explain why when they said they did nothing it would start working again. I got so fed up I called the installer that put the Exede dish up and he told me about a new Hughesnet 100Gb/month plan. I switched, and now I can't understand how I was going over my 10Gb/mo data cap with Exede. Most I've ever used on HughesNet is 20Gb, and that's with viewing a lot of videos I never would have watched on Exede. My guess, Buckeye, is that Exede's system is screwed up again and they're grasping at straws as to how to fix it. If they were trying to call me, I'd fix it so their calls would automatically go to voicemail, and then never check voicemail...:pullinghair:

Seems like a lot of people confuse Memorial and Veterans Days. Veterans Day is for thanking those that have served or are serving their country, while Memorial Day is for honoring those that have given their life so that the rest of us can continue to enjoy the freedoms we so increasingly take for granted. Both days are important, but each should be celebrated appropriately.

Took a break from mowing yesterday and instead worked in the nice cool garage refurbishing the wiring on the power rear view mirrors for the van. Someone had cut the leads off with the bottom of the mirrors, and the control switch got the same treatment. I spliced new wires on and added a connector to the switch, but I'll have to wait to add the connector to the mirrors until they are installed and I know the correct length for the wires. Went to reassemble the mirrors and couldn't find the box that had the rest of the parts, and after three hours gave up looking. Probably find it when I'm looking for something else...:confused2:

There's a tritip marinating in the 'frige that'll get put on the BBQ to smoke for the rest of the day. Maybe I'll get a start on re-laminating the van cabinets. Or maybe I'll just putter and take it easy, and be glad for the little "first world" problems I have when so many others have much bigger real ones. :rolleyes:

/ Good morning!!!! #58,663  
Outside, so useable but shorter than we wanted. Have Anderson doublehung windows, so no space to mount inside.

I see, we have double hung windows but still plenty of sill for the 2" wood blinds. If they sent them wrong, won't they replace them?

/ Good morning!!!! #58,664  
66 going to 86 and sunny and humid. Cloudy/foggy/rainy cool all day yesterday and last night.

Planning my cookout today. Wife came home last night after 2 weeks in NC taking care of her dad and mom. She will have to return tomorrow, so will either have our cookout today, or take her to her favorite Tex-Mex place. I've got some chicken, so might try the Toppop recipe. I need to change the oil in her vehicle today, once things dry off a bit, and walk her around the property to show off the chores/projects I've completed while she was away.

Hummingbirds have moved into their summer feeding frenzy pattern, so have to refill and hang the feeders each morning before light. Just cooked up another gallon of the sweet stuff. If I leave the feeders out at night, the raccoons come up and drink them for dessert. I don't want them to get cavities. :)

If you do use that recipe, leave it in the marinade for a couple of hours if you have time, and keep the cayenne to your taste.

/ Good morning!!!! #58,665  
72F and very sunny @ 12:00 ... not looking like any rain today, tomorrow or Thursday. Only a 30% chance on Wednesday. With temps mostly in the 70's we might get a little drying out going on ... but the low spots will likely remain wet. Forecast after that isn't too good ... a 50% or better chance of rain ... of course that could very well change.

Yesterday was a nice day for the most part, albeit a little humid ... got some of the lawn mowed around the house, got Simplicity stuck once, mowed down the weeds around the flower beds on the west and The Woman got out there and did a little weeding.

Other than that, did a bunch more research on the 'net.

Had a frog strangler roll through about 22:00 last night ... so I won't have to worry about mowing for awhile ... it will be at least 5 - 7 days before it dries out assuming it doesn't rain again ... which is probably unlikely.

Wife is thinking she'd like to go pick up some annuals to plant. Not too sure I want to be planting them in mud but I guess we could always pick them up today and plant later, when it's drier.

Probably do some more garage cleaning and painting, and might fire up the grill to roast some dogs.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day.

/ Good morning!!!! #58,666  
69°F and .01 inches rain

Today we celebrate Memorial Day. A big thank you to all that served and paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

Be safe
Have a great day

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #58,667  
Seems like a lot of people confuse Memorial and Veterans Days. Veterans Day is for thanking those that have served or are serving their country, while Memorial Day is for honoring those that have given their life so that the rest of us can continue to enjoy the freedoms we so increasingly take for granted. Both days are important, but each should be celebrated appropriately.

Well stated RNG! This day has absolutely nothing to do with big sales, 3 day weekend, etc. I'm offended by those using Memorial Day as a basis for a "big sale" on their crap.

Using the word "Happy" in same sentence as "Memorial Day" is wrong too!

/ Good morning!!!! #58,668  
Kale chips are done and weighed-14oz.
This would be $55 of nacho kale chips at Whole Foods.
IMG_0527.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #58,669  
I see, we have double hung windows but still plenty of sill for the 2" wood blinds. If they sent them wrong, won't they replace them?
1496082954726.jpeghere is picture of one.