Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #5,912  
Snow George!?

Goodness me, I didn't expect that.

About an hour ago I got the lawns cut for the last time this season, just have to prep the mower for winter storage before November comes and it gets too cold to run the mower (it needs to be warmed up to change the oil).

Lovely and sunny though, even a bit - dare I say, warm!!

/ Good morning!!!! #5,913  
Snow George!?

Goodness me, I didn't expect that.

About an hour ago I got the lawns cut for the last time this season, just have to prep the mower for winter storage before November comes and it gets too cold to run the mower (it needs to be warmed up to change the oil).

Lovely and sunny though, even a bit - dare I say, warm!!

At this point is just a few flurries but they are forecasting wet snow. It will be too warm for any of it to stick around for more than a few hours.
Wood store is on in the house and shop so all is good.
December 24th could be a better day to see some of this stuff.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,914  
Good morning. Sunny, low 40's with a high in the 60's. Gorgeous Fall day to just enjoy this time of year.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,915  
Why not just replace the hard drive? Tiger Direct and New Egg both have some nice deals.
Just make sure you have all the set up disks, passwords, etc.

Anyway:
2012-10-21, 0907

46 and sunny right now. A high of 62 predicted. The ground is still pretty wet from the storms on Friday evening. I'm guessing about 2 more weeks before all the leaves are down.

Have replaced HDD's in both a laptop and desktop and because I had made DVD's of the OS when the computers were new the process went pretty well. But with the cost of a new laptop or desktop today being less than $300 in many instances people just choose to buy a new one rather than go thru the process of repairing an older machine. We have had close to 5 inches of total rainfall this past week, today it is forecast to hit the middle 60's. Until it becomes warm enough to work outdoors I am doing the following things:

Preparing a huge crock pot meal of corned beef and cabbage.

Cleaning, drying, freezing, and storing the last of the green bell, red cayenne, and sweet/spicy mini bell peppers. This is the last of the pepper crop for this year. Oh--about the long cayenne peppers...all those in the picture came from one plant and there were at least a third more than that I gave away...the output those plants give is amazing.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    575.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 57
   / Good morning!!!! #5,916  
Those peppers look darn tasty Bill, congratulations on such a successful crop.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,917  
Checked out HF for a new one. $69 for one similar to the one I have. But closest HF is over 30 miles away. Went to TSC. They had a similar jack for $79. Bought it. Saved over $10 in gas. I believe original floor jack cost over $200 in the late 70's. Be interesting to see if the $80 jack last as long. Going to get the tires changed out today.
Good Morning All.

Just to add my :2cents:....... My closest TSC is 33 miles away, round trip costs about $12.00. My brother lives "close" to a HF store 9 miles or so. Round trip about $4.00. We usually go for a "shopping" trip when we visit there.

HF flat rate shipping is $6.99- If I am able to wait for delivery and they have what I want/need, it really plays a factor in my purchase decision. Although the on-line prices are a couple of bucks higher, There are almost always coupons you can get hold of to make a difference as well. Unless it is something that has a freight fee added on, it and I don't need it quick, that's the way I go.

Recent example: I ordered a Farm Jack, used a 20% off coupon and the total shipped was 46.98. If I had gone to TSC, cost including gas would have been about $72.00.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,918  
....Oh yeah- 1130: 52 degrees and cloudy with expected rain.....should be out doing chores now and not playing around on TBN :D

/ Good morning!!!! #5,919  
....Oh yeah- 1130: 52 degrees and cloudy with expected rain.....should be out doing chores now and not playing around on TBN :D
We won't tell anybody, don't worry.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,920  
Those peppers look darn tasty Bill, congratulations on such a successful crop.

Thanks...the red/green ones on the freezer top are the half the harvest from two, I either consumed or gave away the other half earlier this season...as for the green bell peppers in the carrier...must have harvested well over 230 from 15 plants this year. Most of them were given away. I will cut, wash, and tray freeze the bigger peppers then bag them for long term freezer storage, the cayennes get washed and strung on a cord like Xmas lights.