Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #59,561  
Two of my oldest and best friends are hikers. They and their wives love to explore on road trips. They are all lean and in good shape.
Figure that...
Vs arthritic bmi busting me who would be way more than a little bit sore.

/ Good morning!!!! #59,562  
Some much needed rain has been falling since midnight. It's not affecting my plans for the day as I'm working away from home for the first time in a month, but forecast for hay making is now looking doubtful for at least the next week. While walking round the hay meadow, I saw some lilac colored plants by the pond that I had not seen before. My wife confirmed they were orchids, common in other parts but relatively rare for where we live.

orchid.jpg

Wng, glad to hear you and Coco managed to find a suitable mountain. A walk with good company and so many waterfalls sounds a great way to spend a day.

/ Good morning!!!! #59,563  
I was wondering where you were doing a 2300 ft ascent.

When my wife and I were dating, we hiked in SNP almost weekly, since she lived near it. We would get a nice sandwich first, from a Mennonite bakery deli, eat on the hike.

/ Good morning!!!! #59,564  
The low was 42* last night and the high was 84* yesterday. Back to the 80's today. Sunny most of the day with a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.
The wind came up about noon yesterday 25+ might do the same today.
May have to put some rocks in my pockets if I need to get back on the scaffolding today.

Hope everyone has a nice day
CWB

/ Good morning!!!! #59,565  
62°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 88° today. Settling back into more "normal" end-of-June weather now.

Sitting at the kitchen table yesterday after dinner, and I looked out the front window to see a small young doe standing in the front yard right by the house. Probably didn't weigh 100 lbs yet. The Wife tried to sneak in the living room to snap a pic, but it bolted out to near the road when it saw her movement. She got a couple of grainy pics anyway (iPhone digital zoom). We don't usually see them that early in the evening, so that was a nice treat.

Tiny doe front yard.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #59,566  
64F and sunny @ 09:30 ... high today of 78F. Wind is pretty much calm right now, with the occasional gust under 10 mph.

Brakes, trim mowing in the front, then mow down around the house. If I make it that far and the winds are still light might do some spraying.

Looks like after today the chances of rain are higher for the next week or so, with warmer temps.

/ Good morning!!!! #59,567  
Upper 50's to near 80 today, but this is the end of the pleasant weather until mid August most likely.

/ Good morning!!!! #59,568  
Low 70s this morning, headed to mid 80s. The thundershowers and warm really made the wheat grow..

Daughter and SIL headed home to Maryland yestereday. It was good to see them, but miss them already. It would be nice if they lived nearby.

/ Good morning!!!! #59,569  
Sitting at the kitchen table yesterday after dinner, and I looked out the front window to see a small young doe standing in the front yard right by the house. Probably didn't weigh 100 lbs yet. The Wife tried to sneak in the living room to snap a pic, but it bolted out to near the road when it saw her movement. She got a couple of grainy pics anyway (iPhone digital zoom). We don't usually see them that early in the evening, so that was a nice treat.
By the looks she was looking for little desert. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #59,570  
71°F and .29 inches rain

A later night than usual for us, picking up son and family from the airport. Probably just relaxing and catching up today.

Be safe
Have a great day