Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #591  
Good morning all. 12 degree temp here this morning. The good thing is that right now there is no wind with it. Walked down to the road to get the newspaper with the pups. Brrr! Going to get something warm inside me now.

/ Good morning!!!! #592  
its another cool morning here so things are moving slow.be glad when we have some of our texas weather.warm days an cold nites.

/ Good morning!!!! #593  
Good morning all, well the coffee is on and while I am waiting just a heads up my new 5010HST Cab was delivered yesterday afternoon. I have been the proud owner of 2 CUT open seat tractors. But I have got to say after 5 hours of seat time yesterday in the Cab tractor it is sure NICE!

DHB:thumbsup:
Big deal!:laughing: Congratulations and Merry Xmas:drool:.

/ Good morning!!!! #594  
36 and clear here this morning. I slept in just a bit because was up at 2 this morning due to a freaky weird incident. Wanna hear about it? Kinda funny.

I'll make this as short as possible, but it'll take some explaining to set the picture for you. It's worth the read I promise.

My old 3 car garage is attached to the main house, but you have to walk trough a "breezeway" to get to it. I made a large family room out of it, and built another garage attached to it. With me so far?

We had an alarm system installed, but the base unit is in the "family room", therefore we can't hear it in the main house, so I put an intercom system in that is left locked open so we can hear the alarm in our bedroom.

Right at 2am, all is quite. We are sound asleep and suddenly we hear (over the intercom) a lot of talking and commotion coming from the family room. My wife and I both grap our weapons and assume our preplanned positions. I call 911, tell them we have intruders, he gets deputies enroute, and I stay on the phone with dispatcher. I clearly hear one of the intruders say, "Look guys, we're in our neighbors house, with a lot of laughing and other noises that makes it sound like they are going through a lot of stuff. (All our Christmas gifts are under the tree in this room). So is my gun safe, which holds more than guns. I told my wife to stay near the intercom while I was on the phone, so that maybe she could hear what they were saying and doing. At one point it got really quite, and she could hear their foot steps. She says to me, "I know they're in there because I can hear them walking around.

I'm wondering why is the alarm system not activated? So I figure they came in through the garage door, because it is the only one not wired in. (There are 3 other entrance doors to the family room that are wired).

So the deputies arrive and make entrance to the room. Nothing. Don't ask me how, but my surround sound system had turned itself on. It is patched into whatever is on TV, which is a movie with teens breaking into a house and partying it up. Go friggin figure!!! How did this happen? I'm not making this up.

Anyway, all is well...and I didn't have a heart attack! By the way, the deputies were familiar with my house because we did have an intruder 6 months ago while we were home and it was the same deputies who came and caught the guy. Hence the alarm system. So they were worked up also.

Afterwards, we all had a good laugh about it, but I got to be honest...scared the s*&t out of the wife and I.

/ Good morning!!!! #595  
Oh brother....that is one heck of a way to wake up....very happy to learn there was no real emergency...be grateful you were prepared to do the right things if required, and also that your local police were prepared also. Cutbacks in the law enforcement budgets locally have made citizens aware there may be long response times in some situations. But apparently your area has good police coverage...peace of mind is well worth it when it comes time to renew and increase millages for emergency services. :thumbsup:

/ Good morning!!!! #596  
2011-12-09, 1000

33 degrees and sunny...upper 40's today....

Roy, are you sure you aren't in Texas? Our weather is a carbon copy of yours.:)

EDIT: Oops! That was Roy's post from yesterday. Oh well, this ain't the first time I've been a day late and a dollar short.:ashamed:

/ Good morning!!!! #597  
Oh brother....that is one heck of a way to wake up....very happy to learn there was no real emergency...be grateful you were prepared to do the right things if required, and also that your local police were prepared also. Cutbacks in the law enforcement budgets locally have made citizens aware there may be long response times in some situations. But apparently your area has good police coverage...peace of mind is well worth it when it comes time to renew and increase mileages for emergency services. :thumbsup:

Our friends in another county had intruders in their house a few months ago and were told by the county SD, no one could respond for at least four hours.

They have been cleaned out three times and have quit replacing TV.s etc.

Their neighbors saw their house being burglarized while they were gone and exchanged gunfire with them. They haven't been burglarized since, but who knows.

Response times are pretty long out in the country in many places.

/ Good morning!!!! #598  
I hear ya. They were here within 4-5 minutes, but even that seemed like an eternity. They are familiar with my place, and me because I put all the graphics on their cars, vans, etc. I have to admit, it was nice when they got here and were calling me by name, and they too were taking it VERY seriously.

/ Good morning!!!! #599  
Roy, are you sure you aren't in Texas? Our weather is a carbon copy of yours.:)

Well, I am wearing cowboy boots...and my cowboy hat ain't 10 feet away...

BTW, you might have responded to yesterday's (Friday) post...almost the same weather today (Saturday) though.

/ Good morning!!!! #600  
I hear ya. They were here within 4-5 minutes, but even that seemed like an eternity. They are familiar with my place, and me because I put all the graphics on their cars, vans, etc. I have to admit, it was nice when they got here and were calling me by name, and they too were taking it VERY seriously.

We are lucky as we still have good response times where I live. I use to work with a lot of our local LEO's, our local Chief of Police is a retired Deputy Sheriff and the Sheriff as well as Captain live in town about three miles away and the Chief Investigator is about six miles away.

I don't know if that makes any difference, but it is comforting.