Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #60,381  
75F nice gentle breeze w/comfortable humidity. :cool:
Started weed trimmer at 7am about 3 1/2 hours,just finish giving front field low hair cut now kicking back for the rest of the day.
Notice lot of grasshoppers...turkeys going to like that.
Might take nice slow country ride after dinner.

Enjoy the rest of the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #60,382  
We are getting one heck of a storm right now, wind, rain and lightening. Second day in a row.

/ Good morning!!!! #60,383  
Home from camping. Very hot and humid. Clouding up to storm. Radar shows a storm to the north.

/ Good morning!!!! #60,384  
those thunderstorms are heading our way in a few hours. Got to a 110 heat index today but
quite nice out, on the nippy side after looking at that snow I'd say...

Changed oil and filter on standby generator, did a lot of tree watering, changed air filter in JD garden tractor/Yanmar diesel and after one full year
and 130 hours, the filter was hardly dirty at all. All the screens ahead of that area seems to do a good job keeping the
dirt out of the slightly smaller than standard Donaldson style filter. I put a new one in there but kept the old one to blow out and use in a pinch.
The inner filter was changed last time and looks like new. Very odd rubbery surfaced filter. Usually like mouse fur but not this one.
Then I put a small amount of fertilizer in the water wagon and sprayed a number of areas that needed a boost, and then I used the water for fertilizing bushes.
Went through three loads, about 150 gallons.
By then it was 2pm and it wasn't much fun to be outside any more even in the shade or in front of a fan.

got my bill from the hospital for five hours of outpatient surgery, 21 thousand dollars. Wow. Probably about what the Jaguar dealer would charge to fix the squeak
in my thirteen year old car. :rolleyes: I bet the Vidant hospital chain gets half the amount billed. If I had no insurance they would try to collect the whole thing from me, and then
in a big show of generosity they would take one third off the bill for self pay discount. Which of course they don't advertise but I discovered last time when I griped about
their inflated billing. Yet even with that discount they get paid a lot less by the insurance companies, so it's all hard to believe when you get your bill.
With Medicare and BC/BS supplement, I have not paid a penny in three years other than drug copays. So local doctors still accept Medicare; no instance of my getting billed for balances
allegedly left unpaid. Those without insurance are getting abused. So what else is new...

I hope the elderly and all pets/livestock do ok in this heat.

/ Good morning!!!! #60,386  
Rain missed us, went north and south of us. we need it.

/ Good morning!!!! #60,387  
Randy, batten those hatches.

Seems the site is back up.

62 mph gust yesterday, 48 mph gust today, limbs all over the backyard. No structure damage that I could see. We've had around 4.5" of rain since the first storm yesterday. Then it poured all night.

/ Good morning!!!! #60,388  
Good evening all. 80F this morning, made it to 102F again, thunderstorms nearby cooled off the air but no rain. More thunderstorms in the area hopefully rain later. Not much going on today.

/ Good morning!!!! #60,389  
2017-07-24, 0340

62 right now...and that's about as warm as it's going to get. Rain today. Might do some weed trimming when I get home

/ Good morning!!!! #60,390  
Good morning, the rain is drying up here and definitely no heatwave.

A couple of years ago the bureaucrats who put EU directives into UK law decided that myself and tens of thousands of other older people involved in agriculture were no longer fit persons to use even a knapsack sprayer. The only way any of us can restore our now defunct "grandfather rights" is to pay out for a training course and then pay to sit an exam to get the necessary bits of paper to be able to buy and and apply herbicides for agricultural use. I only ever used a small quantity of chemicals, but going without them for two years has shown me how hard it can be to keep on top of everything "organically". A phone call this morning gave me a provisional date for training in 3 weeks time.

Buckeye, that looks a lovely lake to camp by, whatever the weather.

Roy, hope it gets easier to adjust the flail once you think of ways to overcome the design limitations. Did you notice a difference in how fine it chopped up the grass to make a mulch ?