Page 61 of 2327 FirstFirst ... 115158596061626364711111615611061 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2010 Kioti DK40SE w/ KL401 Loader

Default Re: Good morning!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    We are lucky as we still have good response times where I live. I use to work with a lot of our local LEO's, our local Chief of Police is a retired Deputy Sheriff and the Sheriff as well as Captain live in town about three miles away and the Chief Investigator is about six miles away.

I don't know if that makes any difference, but it is comforting.
    As it happens, I'm located right in the hub of our city, yet my property is not city, but county. I'm actually in the woods, completely surrounded by city property. Weird I know, but that's the way I like it. No city taxes. The Sheriff takes care of the county. The Sheriff's office is no more than 1 mile from my house. That could have something to do the quick response.
    For a complete soul cleansing, spend the day on a tractor.

Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    We are lucky as we still have good response times where I live. I use to work with a lot of our local LEO's, our local Chief of Police is a retired Deputy Sheriff and the Sheriff as well as Captain live in town about three miles away and the Chief Investigator is about six miles away.

I don't know if that makes any difference, but it is comforting.
    I have a city policeman within yelling distance (150 feet from our front door) and his phone is on speed dial, plus there is another university policeman 400 feet away...and they both owe me big time, favor wise...wouldn't really expect them to respond to an emergency here but hopefully having them so close will deter any wrongdoers...
    Rather than worry about the things you want but don't have, be grateful for the things you don't want and don't have.

I didn't plan to do much of anything today, but by noon I was almost half done.

Tractor
    2010 Kioti DK40SE w/ KL401 Loader

Quote Originally Posted by JDgreen227 View Post
    I have a city policeman within yelling distance (150 feet from our front door) and his phone is on speed dial, plus there is another university policeman 400 feet away...and they both owe me big time, favor wise...wouldn't really expect them to respond to an emergency here but hopefully having them so close will deter any wrongdoers...
    Could very well help. At least people who know your neighborhood, probably know about your friends.
    For a complete soul cleansing, spend the day on a tractor.

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

That reminds me of a funny story (sad actually). When I was in the US Navy, I had a shipmate who had his house robbed. He had some really expensive stereo equipment, but the burglars took only firearms and jewelry. One of the things he lost was a very old shotgun his father had given to him. After the police came to investigate and left, he was out in the yard when a little neighbor girl about 8 years old came riding her bicycle up his driveway. She said, "Your shotgun is under my bed." She often came to visit my friend and she had seen her parents put his shotgun under her bed. The cops made a quick revisit to the neighbor and my buddy got all his stuff back while the neighbors ended up spending the night in jail.
    Jim

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by wrflt View Post
    As it happens, I'm located right in the hub of our city, yet my property is not city, but county. I'm actually in the woods, completely surrounded by city property. Weird I know, but that's the way I like it. No city taxes. The Sheriff takes care of the county. The Sheriff's office is no more than 1 mile from my house. That could have something to do the quick response.
    My daughter lives in a similar type location; funny but she is more isolated than I am out here in the country or at least she has more privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by JDgreen227 View Post
    Never hurts to have someone close like that especially if they keep their cars at home.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

22 and clear.

CCCCccccold!

We are going to go work on the fence some more after Church, so by then it will have warmed up to 40-45 supposedly.

Be well all!
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Second cup of coffee is in the cup. 15 degrees this morning. Headed to 36 sunny degrees. Yesterday stayed cold all day. But the sun warmed up the house with the many we windows we have on the south side of house. My mother and her sisters made my day yesterday.
    Need to check battery on tractor today. When I used it to plow snow Friday it was very slow starting. Probably going to make a trip to TSC.
    Good Morning All.

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

2011-12-11, 0830

20 degrees (coldest morning so far this winter) and clear.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3215 gear

Good Morning 16 here when I got up, first time in teens so far, brrrrr

Platinum Member DutchHenryBrown's Avatar
    Tractor
    Mahindra 5010

33 on the front porch here, our high today low 60's perfect seat time weather!

Page 61 of 2327 FirstFirst ... 115158596061626364711111615611061 ... LastLast