Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #62,541  
64 going up to 86. Another whole week of mid-80s and no rain in sight.

Farmer, our youngest son had dairy allergy until he was almost two. We got some goats and milked them twice a day, and pasteurized it on the stove. Goat milk doesn't have the allergen component. I've seen goat milk in some stores, like Trader Joe's. Talking about almond milk made me think of something I saw on the local ag report...the Virginia dairymen are trying to get a law passed that the word milk cannot be used on almond milk and soy milk, etc...since they are not really milk, but instead nut juice, etc. They believe these alternative "milks" are trading on the goodwill that they have developed over many generations, and that the alternatives do not have the same nutritional benefits and consumers are being mislead when the word milk is used.

Eric, hope Max likes his pearly whites.

BEF, congrats on new assignment, and opportunity to build a team.

toppop, sounds like you made a good choice on the Suburban, based on your history and knowing yourself. I thought of you when I was reading about a nice classic car show scheduled here this weekend.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,542  
Speaking of software, Yahoo's myyahoo.com portal page has been flakey for more than a week now, with news RSS feeds winking out first, and now the bookmark widget going on the blink. Google has a web portal with a lot more gadgets, so I'm looking into moving over. But I'd sure like to get that list of bookmarks back from Yahoo first. Yeah, I know, more First World problems.

I used to use a Google portal that could be customized with news, sports, business, etc. but they discontinued it a couple of years ago. I started using Yahoo, not as good, and many of my feeds and gadgets have stopped or been abandoned.

The "fine print" at the igGoogle portal in your link says they are not affiliated with Google. They sure make it look like they are.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,543  
the pics coming in this morning are just awful as to hurricane damage
can you imagine waking up to this?

Attachments

• hurricane maria.jpg
    hurricane maria.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 58
   / Good morning!!!! #62,544  
59F going to be cloudy day might reach 80F.

Darkness stop the trimming last evening,so this evening plans to finish trimming.

Two groups of turkey's w/young sure making nasty mess,have to be careful when trimming or your wearing poop. :rolleyes:

Pulling for the folks in TX. & Fla.

Enjoy the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,545  
Drinking first cup of coffee. 64° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 87° with sun in afternoon. Looks like I will have to uncover AC and turn circuit back on. Need to take dog in for grooming this morning. Then start on yesterday's projects. While the IOS 11 update went well. Ended up spending time getting wife's iPhone and iPad set up so she can use the APP's for speech as easy as possible.
Randy? Sure we missed you. How long were you gone?
Framer, good news on job and back.
Kyle, looks like we have a Whole Foods 13 miles away from our home. But getting there will take 20 miles. They claim there will be home delivery to my place soon. :cool:
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,546  
Good morning! 77˚ heading to the mid 90s.

Grey two left evidence of a ????? "Harvest" (hunter's word for a killing) on the front porch. It appeared that he had tried to eat the evidence but in his haste regurgitated it. That along with other body parts encouraged the ants to have a party on the porch this morning. Carnivores are disgusting.

After the Hurricane Harvey washout we now have re-started preparing for the VFD Fish Fry which is in about 9 days. Since we usually mow and then place the tents and tables we had to move all the tables and benches and mow and move them back. Tonight we will put the canvas back on the steel tent frames. The very good thing is the predicted weather for Fish Fry day is only going to be in the 80s - about 25˚ cooler than our usual August date. We can probably cut out the water fans.

Plant the garden and mowing are on the agenda today.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,547  
the pics coming in this morning are just awful as to hurricane damage
can you imagine waking up to this?

Looks like the easiest fix would be a can of gasoline and a match...then start rebuilding

/ Good morning!!!! #62,548  
78 degrees going for 95 again today. Probably just stay in and take it easy today.

Speaking of grocery stores....didn't I hear that Amazon is going to lower Whole Foods pricing by 43%??? Too bad I don't have one near me or in College Station.

I don't think you're missing anything. We do have one close; been in it a couple of times; didn't buy anything. Their prices were just ridiculous. Even the Dallas Morning News ran a story some time back about them, and how could anyone think they were getting something better just because they paid a ridiculously high price. Maybe now their prices will be a little more in line with the other grocery stores in the area.

We will be dogless this morning for the first time in several years as we get to leave Max at the vet's for a few hours while they knock him out to give his teeth a clean. My wife was aware that small dogs like him can be prone to plaque build up, so in the past she bought what were supposed to be tooth cleaning chews

Yep, I guess we've been lucky; only had to have that done to Dee, our Chihuahua, once.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,549  
Good morning all, 61 this morning heading to 85 with some morning fog. Need to run to the grocery this morning and have a meeting in central Va. this afternoon so will likely get nothing done today. Got to run, Everyone have a GREAT day. Ed

/ Good morning!!!! #62,550  
70°F and clear skies, going up to 97° today. They say we broke the old record yesterday by hitting 97°. Display in my car when I left work said 100°. We're eyeballing yet another record today, which has stood since 1881 I'm told. Looks like we'll be in the 90s all through the weekend. Summer doesn't want to let go here.

We've had no AC in the downstairs office at work since last week. 80° when I walked past the thermostat outside my office this morning. Repair guy is supposed to be out sometime today. (more First World problems)