Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #62,561  
Tomato plants not doing well, but I did get these two plum tomatoes.
Had to chuckle, they are just about Gravely red. Glossy red with a touch of orange.

Long, bouncy day, but finished mowing my neighbor's seriously overgrown field. With the wrong equipment, should have a bush hog with blunt blades but all I had
was my finishing mower, which was slated for a blade sharpen. So before that, figured I might as well get them really dull. Weeds were over the top of the cab.
Checked the screens at lunch, what a mess. When I was done for good it took half an hour to air blast all that gold pollen out of every orifice of the tractor.
Radiator partially plugged, all blew out fine. Kubota temp gauge never went up, but I'm glad I cleaned it half way through.
And equally glad I did not blow a tire on a sharp pungi stake I had just made...
I took my time and did it all twice, once tall, another time shorter.

very pleased to see mailman in his pickup truck deliver my new ag tires for the back of my Gravely garden tractor.
Last week I had to be pulled out of the ditch for the third and hopefully final time by neighbors. Embarrassing...hard to see if it's wet until
you're really in it and the ATV style tires I had put on 15 years ago just plug way too quickly with mud.
Everyone is always pulling someone out of the ditches, I've pulled the professional road mowers out twice already...
Funny, those big tractors had the same tow ring on front as the Gravely does. Seasoned getting-stuckers...
These should look nice with the tri-ribs on the front.
Did not pay 120 bucks for US made but rather 125 for both of these...Chinese of course, but had very good reviews.
And six ply vs 4ply on the Carlisles.

almost 24 meg of pics attached, amazed system took them. Used a different camera set to bigger pics. Get a clearer shot but
some of you on lower speeds sorry if this slows you down. My regular camera seems to have grown legs. I need to find where
I put it down.

Attachments

• IMG_0132.JPG
    IMG_0132.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0134.JPG
    IMG_0134.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0146.JPG
    IMG_0146.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 58
   / Good morning!!!! #62,563  
64 going up to 86. Another whole week of mid-80s and no rain in sight.

Farmer, our youngest son had dairy allergy until he was almost two. We got some goats and milked them twice a day, and pasteurized it on the stove. Goat milk doesn't have the allergen component. I've seen goat milk in some stores, like Trader Joe's. Talking about almond milk made me think of something I saw on the local ag report...the Virginia dairymen are trying to get a law passed that the word milk cannot be used on almond milk and soy milk, etc...since they are not really milk, but instead nut juice, etc. They believe these alternative "milks" are trading on the goodwill that they have developed over many generations, and that the alternatives do not have the same nutritional benefits and consumers are being mislead when the word milk is used.

Eric, hope Max likes his pearly whites.

BEF, congrats on new assignment, and opportunity to build a team.

toppop, sounds like you made a good choice on the Suburban, based on your history and knowing yourself. I thought of you when I was reading about a nice classic car show scheduled here this weekend.

I call it a dairy allergy but it's actually a protein allergy. That protein is in all animal milk. So his only options were breastmilk or a nut "milk". The soy "milk" at our local store has some dairy in it. Doctor actually said the only thing he was concerned about is getting enough fat into the kids diet. And the almond milk was the next best option.

I would support that law. If it wasn't for the allergy he'd be on whole cows milk. No question. But then I have an idea of what dairymen go through to make sure the store shelves are stocked. In my opinion raising chickens is the 4th hardest way to make a living farming. 3rd is turkeys. 2nd is hogs and 1st is dairy. Well in terms of number of days worked. I get breaks but hog and dairymen don't even get 1 day a year off. Cows are milked twice a day, everyday.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,564  
92 today. 89 currently.

Went and got some post for a new pen that's going in at the cow barn. Put rollbar back on kubota and plt is spread and heat is on.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,570  
Good evening all. 78F this morning, partly cloudy, moderate wind. High temp was 94F, sky cleared up and wind was brick and gusty. Swept up acorns off the front porch and worked on the boat seat. Looks like found second flaw in the cardboard pattern, and the back of the new plywood is not square. Will retrim tomorrow and see what happens.