Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #62,651  
Late today. The low was 32*, yesterday's high was 45*. Got up this morning and it was foggy and snowing. Got another 3-5 inches of snow. Good thing a lot of it has melted are we would have over a foot of snow on the ground.

Was out looking for deer this morning with my daughters boyfriend. The deer season opens next Saturday. We didn't see any thing but does. Not sure if I will buy a tag are just go with him for the fun of it.
Got the heater to work in the side by side yesterday. Still need to get stuff done before the the snow is here for the next six months.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
CWB.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,652  
Good evening! 90s today. After the new battery tester showed no cranking amps, even though the battery charged, I replaced the battery and Dad's tractor is running again. Thanks for everyones help. I was able to get the round bale off and then moved the tractor along with his mower inside his tractor shed. Next will be to top off all fluids and mount and connect the solar charger.

There was a trail ride in front of their house yesterday. The trail ride had more off road 4 wheelers, golf carts and utility vehicles than horses - times change. On the bright side there was very little horse manure left on the road.:thumbsup:

/ Good morning!!!! #62,653  
Cwb, got that heater working just in time. We had 90° today.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,654  
Good evening all. 72F this morning clear, calm. Wind did increase to moderate, Temp made it to 91F and sky clouded up to the west in the afternoon and evening. Slow day, after chapel, made wife and I breakfast, worked on pulling sandburs, and chainsawed a few limbs for stepdaughter. She made fish tacos with the crappie we caught last weekend. :licking:

/ Good morning!!!! #62,655  
2017-09-25, 0238

62 right now...high in the upper 80's today. Looks like this hot weather will break about midweek. After that, it'll be more seasonal with highs in the low to mid-60's.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,656  
What a dull start to the day. Coming up to 8:00 am and the clouds are still reluctant to let through much daylight. The rain that started at teatime yesterday is starting to ease off, or maybe that's just my wishful thinking. Never mind, plenty of things to occupy the day inside and this morning we are due a visit from friends passing through this area. In the afternoon I have a nostalga trip of sorts - going to the dentist to have a filling replaced that last saw a drill when I was a young man.

For years I just relied on adjusting how much the cap was screwed in, allowing the water to seep out around the threads, but always thought I should have a better method. I drilled a 1/8 inch hole in the cap. Way too large as I observed water practically gushing out. I am awaiting 1/4 inch petcock, figuring they are adjustable.
Thanks, that's useful to know. I plan on capturing roof water from a barn that is closer to the house again one day and keep looking at different filter ideas. Keeping leaves (and owls) out should be easier here as there are no trees close by.

Mostly, I have heard of crappie, but didn't realise that with a name like that, it was a fish you would ever want to put in your mouth.:)
Having said that, we have a fish called a roach, which is actually beautiful looking, though I've never tried to eat one as my uncle once told me it would be better to dine on a ball of wet cotton wool that had been stuffed with pins.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,657  
cloudy and breezy today, high of 81, a little cooler.
Enjoying my first cup of coffee looking at a variety of red and grey(primer) speckles on my hands from painting yesterday.
Felt good to start applying some of that red paint.

Have errands to run today, Subaru to get inspected; state sent my renewal registration back saying my car wasn't inspected.
Well, they are supposed to send you a notice but in this case they didn't. Easy to do, car inspections here are a joke. No emission control for trucks in this county, and on a car like mine with 7000 miles on it, likely they won't even pull a wheel to check anything. Not that it's needed....

the pictures of the Caribbean islands are amazing, and sad. Everything is brown, leaves blown off, most trees poisoned by salt water.
As I sit here pushing buttons and having coffee made and my a/c keeping me comfortable, I feel a little guilty. Also wonder how the folks in Texas are doing. So many communities with the entire contents of one's home out in the front yard, sodden and ruined.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,658  
Drinking first cup of coffee. 60° with some clouds. Heading to 89° partly cloudy skies. Got the Kubota MMM mower put away on shelf. Did not take as long as I thought it would. Threw most of the stuff where it belonged in trash. As usual I found a few things that I could not find when I needed them. Hope I can remember where I put them for next time they are needed. :p Found a water leak in garden pond drain pipe. Need to get at it this morning before it gets too hot outside.
Buckeye, I had a old mower that would not run right. Found it had a sheared flywheel key. Replaced and it ran like new. Still have a Snapper mower. Has not been used in 25 years. Plan to get it running again and sell it. It has none of the safety features that mowers have now. An oil change and some fresh gas should get it running.
Don, good news on your Dad's tractor.
Framer, "Make Hay When the Sun Shines". I can remember when I did that. I still have some pains from throwing bales of hay back then.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,659  
63F reaching 90 sunny day...need good soaking rain.

43 years today at the grind...Ivy college... seen a lot heard to much over the years.

Depending on temps after work just puttering.

Enjoy the day all.