Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #62,681  
66°F and .08 inches rain

Hope to finish fixing my flail today.

Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #62,682  
64 this morning and currently 89.

Hay is down. Was planning to Tedder part of it but after checking it this morning think I'm going to just let it lay flat. Don't want it too dry.

Getting things ready to migrate chickens.

Kyle. When I change fuel filters I always fill them first. Fill, let settle, shake/swirl, repeat. Then screw them into place. If it has a priming pump then try to built a little pressure with it. Run throttle to wide open and crank. Once running leave wide open for a few minutes. You'll only get one shot. Theory is if it has an air bubble it'll be spinning fast enough to work it out without stalling. I've had 'em spit alittle.

Thomas congrats on the 43. I'm at 8 years of working for myself. Longest I've ever been able to tolerate my boss.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,683  
Farmer, I love it when the filters go in at an angle so you can't fill them all the way up without making a huge mess. I usually pour some in, let it sit for a minute, pour some more until almost full and spin on. But that's an oil filter; I admit being a big chicken (Ha!) when it comes to diesel fuel filters. Never had to prime a diesel, never want to.
With clean fuel and a known clean tank, shouldn't I be able to go three or four years on those fuel filters? which for me is say 200 hours.
The fuel comes out of my own tank through two filters to begin with.

got my car inspected, garage only gets 13 bucks for it, a real loser to them on a newer car because there's nothing wrong to fix usually, and there is no emission
testing whatsoever on cars or trucks in Beaufort County. Ecological neanderthals.

Too bad they can't get a tractor to run on spent tobacco juice...lot of chewing and spitting going on around here.
Kinda grosses me out, for sure not a Northern thing. Mouth cancer is a very bad thing...

Storm warnings up on Outer Banks, wind and rain here, and not too much of either but it was
strangely dark and cloudy today, clouds coming in from odd directions. Probably the advance swirls from the storm.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,684  
Emissions testing is the biggest scam going. States spend billions for the facilities, and over 99% of the vehicles will pass.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,685  
Good evening all. 72F this morning, mostly cloudy, calm wind, Clouds remained all day, wind was moderate, and temp was 89F. One of those days where don't start sweating as soon as you walk out but doesn't take long to start . Started day with choir practice, transitioned to mowing the front lawn, got new flap put on mower, still need to mow back.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,686  
Thomas congrats on 43 yr at one workplace, very impressive!

Kyle, my 1700 was picky on bleeding the fuel line. Took 3 tries one when ran dry on the hill. Funny how never ran dry after that :D

Don glad you got the tractor running, sounds like you are making much more progress with it running :) :drink:

Eric, just so you know crappie is pronounced like it is spelled "cropy". And is very tasty :licking:

Billie, did you use light spinning tackle or fly-rod on the bluegill? Never had much luck on crappie in rivers.

Drew no emissions testing here on Cooke county TX. Has something to do with 16,000 total county population.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,687  
I only ran diesel dry once, dont do that again.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,688  
Well, kind of sort of good news on the slow leak tire....The good news is the beads seem to be holding, but I finally found a slow pin hole leak around an old plug repair. Ugggh. I put a fresh corded plug repair in the hole. The old repair was just a plain rubber plug. Something good to keep on hand is a fresh tube of the rubber patch goo. It likes to evaporate once you punch a hole in the opening. I try to always keep an unopened tube in the toolbox. Hope it holds. Not as good as an internal patch/plug, but good enough I hope.

Next up, bleeding the fuel lines. I will try my vacuum on "A" or "B"
OMRE199128: 5220, 5320, 5420, and 5520 Tractors, Block File: OUO1043_0000243_19_28FEB02.htm

Farmer, thanks for the tip, I filled one of the filters, but not the pre filter...

/ Good morning!!!! #62,689  
2017-09-26, 0346

63 right now...high about 90...one more day of high (unseasonable) temperatures, than a bit more normal for this time of year.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,690  
One of the things was replacing the toilet seat in the upstairs bathroom. One of the plastic bolts had stripped and loosened, which caused the seat to move. While removing the old one and installing the new one, I began wondering why they make those plastic bolts three times longer than they need to be.

PJ, they do seem excessive in length, but then again, nowhere near as long a thread as Good morning :laughing: