Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #6,302  
I'm guessing that's an interesting phrase for an electrical problem? If it's not I'm lost.:confused3:

:rolleyes:
Ok Don, this is S E C R E T you can't tell anyone. Ok? :thumbsup:

Inside ALL elecronic and electrical devices is a wonderful substance called "MAGIC SMOKE". If you cross wires, or other bad things, you allow the magic smoke to escape and the electonic/electrical device STOPS WORKING!

Typically we ONLY tell this amazing secret to people who work in our field, but for you I made an exception.
:D :D
David

/ Good morning!!!! #6,303  

Inside ALL elecronic and electrical devices is a wonderful substance called "MAGIC SMOKE". If you cross wires, or other bad things, you allow the magic smoke to escape and the electonic/electrical device STOPS WORKING!

Typically we ONLY tell this amazing secret to people who work in our field, but for you I made an exception.
David

David that is too funny!

/ Good morning!!!! #6,304  
I was told many years ago that all things electrical contain a finite amount of smoke, once released it cannot be put back!

/ Good morning!!!! #6,305  
I was told many years ago that all things electrical contain a finite amount of smoke, once released it cannot be put back!

UH-OH....!!!! So tell us what happens when the finite amount of smoke is released, when that happens does the device automatically revert to normal operation? :laughing: Yeah rite. Good evening, it is 53 degrees here now, hit 59 degrees at one time today, I got out the power washer for the last time this year and cleaned a few things, then stored it downstairs.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,306  
Hey ROY!

You are online, I saw you in my other thread.

How was the Job Interview?

David

Hi David,
The laptop was on and I was logged on, but I wasn't on...just left it running most of the day.
Anyway, the interview went quite well...got an extensive tour of the foundry...pretty damm clean for a foundry!
The recruiter called me on our drive down and said they were asking about relocation expenses and such.
The general manager wants to talk to me one last time (he had a customer visit and I left before we had an opportunity to get back together) which will probably be on Saturday sometime...Monday at the latest.
I've got a good feeling about this, but it's not a done deal yet.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,307  

David

You know come to think of it I might have seen some of that magic smoke, and I actually took this picture of it. Really!

Attachments

• secret smoke.jpg
    secret smoke.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 97
   / Good morning!!!! #6,308  
Don't forget the inspection light that accompanies the magic smoke, they are packaged together at the factory...UL requirements.

This is what happens when one generator is not quite ready to be paralled with another generator or, somebody forgot to lockout/tagout!

Walla-Walla-ferry-damage.jpgWalla-Walla-ferry-damage6.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #6,309  
You know come to think of it I might have seen some of that magic smoke, and I actually took this picture of it. Really!

Strangest looking electrical device I have ever seen, but yes that looks like smoke.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,310  
Hi David,
The laptop was on and I was logged on, but I wasn't on...just left it running most of the day.
Anyway, the interview went quite well...got an extensive tour of the foundry...pretty damm clean for a foundry!
The recruiter called me on our drive down and said they were asking about relocation expenses and such.
The general manager wants to talk to me one last time (he had a customer visit and I left before we had an opportunity to get back together) which will probably be on Saturday sometime...Monday at the latest.
I've got a good feeling about this, but it's not a done deal yet.
Best wishes. You deserve it.