Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #63,381  
Coffee is done brewing. 35° with clear skies and ice crystals on grass. Heading to 67° with lots of sun. Need to cut lawn today. No more putting it off. Got about 1/2 of the chipper pile done. Noticed it was running louder than normal. Found that exhaust gaskets are leaking. Ordered new ones. Sprayed penetrating oil on exhaust header bolts. Hope the break loose without stripping.
David, sorry about Flash. RIP Flash.
Drew, hope the Massey works out. My Kubota has turf tires. They work very well for me. I have only used the tire chains in the winter one time. The turfs have good traction in the snow. Not good on ice. This info probably not much help for you in NC.
RS, that 24" chainsaw must be heavy. Take care of your back.
Don, interesting that a doctor has to sign death certificate. Here in MI. Funeral home handled all the paper work. Had death certificate in 5 days.
ED, best wishes for your mom's test today.
Good Morning All.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #63,382  
Soon love will be in the air for them.
See Thomas, I knew you were a romantic. And I bet you could write poetry...

I put a member on ignore for the first time since I've joined, and it has really worked well. I see where others take him to task for foolish posts,
but that little feature was a nice improvement. Actually I had to do it again in the same thread, two on ignore. So I simply don't see what they write.
Otherwise I have to leave my own Thread, isn't that sad.
Like most of us, I don't come here to talk to unpleasant people, end of story.
And I really had to chuckle when one of my best friends, a retired English teacher who ends his emails with different quotes from the Bible,
most with Quaker overtones, just sent me his current one which is so applicable here it just makes me smile.

"It is honorable to refrain from strife,
but every fool is quick to quarrel."--Proverbs 20:3 NRSV

/ Good morning!!!! #63,384  
Ron, thanks. The other two tractors are for traction, this is for pulling and delivering things. That the rear lift will go right down to the ground will be immensely helpful to me planting trees
that are heavy. And yes to turf tires in the snow, if you look at the tread pattern, it will grip dry snow really well. But in slop
the R1's tend to rule. I earned good money as a teenager plowing with my family's JD B in snowstorms often several feet high.

Happily snow is just a picturesque dusting here at times. Maybe an inch. In four years, nothing more than that. Last winter was warn.
This winter? I'm guessing warm again.

/ Good morning!!!! #63,385  
Just went out to walk the dog and even though the temp reads 35 in the weather station there is frost in the yard. First frost of the year and we are up on the hill.

Buppies, Hope so too. She can't have her Bone building shot if one # is 1 point off. Augusta health is sounding like the government.

Have a good one guys. Ed

/ Good morning!!!! #63,386  
Good morning! 47˚ wait, that can't be right, it's not. It's 46˚:eek:

Everything went smooth yesterday till . .

Inspection of Mom's pickup went quickly and the tires passed but then when I went to get the state registration (license) at the county office I was roadblocked by a cousin.
Yes Ron another cousin story.
The truck title was in Dad's name and apparently they cannot give a license when they know the owner is deceased. But my cousin was very helpful and just a quick trip to pick up Mom, a few signatures and notarized forms and the pickup is now in her name with a new license.

Ron the Death certificates are issued by the funeral home but a Doctor starts the process rolling by filing the death with the state health and human resources/vital statics. I'm sure it's that way in every state unless Michigan's death certificate does not have the state logo anywhere on it. Even under Hospice a nurse can call the death but a Dr. must file a death report with the state. If the Dr. would have submitted the electronically signed form in a timely manner with the state we could have had the death certificates in 5-7 days also, but now it's close to 3 weeks and a lot of things are still on hold.

Flash RIP.

/ Good morning!!!!
#63,387  
Soon love will be in the air for them.
See Thomas, I knew you were a romantic. And I bet you could write poetry...

I put a member on ignore for the first time since I've joined, and it has really worked well. I see where others take him to task for foolish posts,
but that little feature was a nice improvement. Actually I had to do it again in the same thread, two on ignore. So I simply don't see what they write.
Otherwise I have to leave my own Thread, isn't that sad.
Like most of us, I don't come here to talk to unpleasant people, end of story.
And I really had to chuckle when one of my best friends, a retired English teacher who ends his emails with different quotes from the Bible,
most with Quaker overtones, just sent me his current one which is so applicable here it just makes me smile.

"It is honorable to refrain from strife,
but every fool is quick to quarrel."--Proverbs 20:3 NRSV

Very good. I avoid the friendly politics forum. I don’t know why some folks need to be so negative all the time. And it usually gets personal very quickly with them.

David, sorry to hear about Flash. Our boxer is 9, and is looking great. We have lost 2 at 10, both to cancer. The biggest problem is the heartbreak, I wish they would outlive us!

/ Good morning!!!! #63,388  
54F and sunny @ 11:15, headed up to a high of 64F supposedly. We hit 39F for the low this morning.

Probably do some more work on getting things organized for firewood splitting up at the wood yard today since I have the grapple on. Need to mark the long logs with marking paint so I'll know where to cut when I buck them.

Have several saplings and small trees laying around in various places that I need to round up and toss on the burn pile. There's also a larger tree that fell across the trail behind the polebarn that I need to move.

Maybe wait until 15:00 or 16:00 until I head up to the shop to check out that Husky saw ... so it's warmed up a little inside.

Now calling for a 40% chance of showers this coming Monday/Tuesday.

/ Good morning!!!! #63,389  
... RS, that 24" chainsaw must be heavy.
Dunno. I picked up the powerhead and it seemed fairly light ... but it was partially apart and the bar and chain were off ...

Had a look at the prices on new 372XP's ... wow ... and I thought Stihl's were expensive.

Take care of your back.
Yup ... probably should make it a point to wear my back brace.

Good luck with your mowing.

I think I'm going to hold off on mine until tomorrow ... that should still leave me with plenty of time for it to dry before I pick it up.

/ Good morning!!!! #63,390  
Good Morning!!!! 61F @ 8:45AM. 0% Precip. / 0.00 in. Mostly Sunny. High 81F. Winds light and variable.

Sorry Flash left you so soon. Good friends are hard to find, and it sounds like he was one of the best.

Too bad there isn't an Ignore command in real life, eh Drew? Certainly no shortage of Fools, both virtual and real.

Good luck with that Husky, RS. Nothing more fun than trying to reassemble someone else's mess.:laughing::confused2:

Last night someone found a dead body at the end of one of our local canyon roads. No word on the cause yet, but he was rumored to be an elderly gold miner that had been camping there for several weeks.

The mechanic let me know yesterday that he was working on my engine and didn't want me around to "disturb" him. Last thing I want to do is give him yet another excuse, so I stayed put here and worked on the old motorcycle and caught up on some house work. Figured out how the seat went together with the new cover, but had to mill out some material on an underside cover to get better access to a bolt. And that meant touching up the paint I'd just shot a couple days before, but whatever it takes, right?

Also ordered a new Foredom flexible shaft tool, something I've wanted for years. With all the polishing work coming up on the old bike, I figured it was time to scratch that itch. Should be here Thursday. In the meantime I'll cobble together a pivoting arm, perhaps with a telescoping capability, from which to hang the thing. Or maybe put it on a rolling stand like an IV rig so it could roll around the shop?