Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #6,741  
2012-12-03, 0830
41 degrees in Windsor PA (41 degrees in Randolph VT too, BTW). Looks like a pleasant day with a high of 60 predicted.

Looks like we're about packed and ready. Just keeping enough food on hand to meet a few days needs (and beer, of course!!). Now, we do some clean up work over the next week.
My last "Good Morning" post mentioned I had sold my cutter. Loaded it yesterday. Boy, was that an adventure! The buyer's trailer was a horse trailer (they used it to move smaller livestock such as pigs). The inside width was very tight for a 60" wide cutter and I had to use the loader since they had no ramps. Even if they had ramps, I doubt they could have borne the weight of the 4400 with the cutter on the 3PH. The tractor had no problem lifting the cutter, but that's still 7 or 8 feet of weight extending way out front. I don't recommend this type of loading if there are any other options.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,742  
It was 62 F here at 6:30 AM today. I think the overcast sky didn't allow any cooling overnight. It was approaching hot yesterday afternoon. I'm sure today will make it into the 80s. This is just not right for December. If it weren't so dry, it would be perfect.

Congrats Roy! It sounds like you've worked your way through it. I remember being in the US Navy and moving every few years always kept my junk collection at a manageable level. Now, I have no excuse and lots of junk. Lordy! I'm glad I'm not movin' anytime soon.:D

/ Good morning!!!!
#6,743  
Good morning. It's. Today is the first day of retirement! Going to play it by ear and see what my wife has planned for me. Have a great day.

Congrats!!!! I've been retired for 4 years, everything is great!!

/ Good morning!!!! #6,744  
we have 41 and fog with showers later with a high of 52 today.the ground cover of snow is gone now.

/ Good morning!!!!
#6,745  
Upper 30's this morning, 60's later and near 70 for a couple of days. Looking like a repeat of last winter.
I've been dealing with my brother's situation. He lives in Chesapeake, Va and has had severe health issues for years, beginning with an onset of rheumatoid arthritis after a bout of flu around 20-25 years ago. Then he developed P.A.D.S. (peripheral arterial disease), that cost him one lower leg about 10 years ago, and many sores that don't heal, etc... He had stints inserted for a blockage in his heart about that time as well, then his wife died from melanoma in '04. It's been a downhill spiral since, and now he's had a heart attack earlier this week that he insisted was an upper respiratory infection. The doctor says he is into the beginnings of organ shutdown, poor kidney function, low pulse 02, etc...
Just venting, thanks for listening.

Sorry to hear of your brother. You have our prayers.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,746  
Congrats Roy! It sounds like you've worked your way through it. I remember being in the US Navy and moving every few years always kept my junk collection at a manageable level. Now, I have no excuse and lots of junk. Lordy! I'm glad I'm not movin' anytime soon.:D

We're renting a place for the first 5-6 months (long enough to get the lay of the land and get established), so we'll unpack essential items only (yeah, right!) until we find a permanent place...which may be the rental house (which was one we looked at last month).

/ Good morning!!!! #6,748  
Sorry to hear of your brother. You have our prayers.

Thank you very much. They have him in icu treating him with 3 antibiotics, his blood work showed he has sepsis from an old hernia that he's not strong enough to have repaired. My niece says he had a better day yesterday, but my wife who is an MD, looked at the situation and had had that deer in the headlights look. Based on past experience, I'd say the end is weeks not months away.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,749  
Good morning all. Still on the road, family member is job hunting, we are helping them check out the area prior to interview. 3 days in the car is no fun :( Gainesville TX has been warm 80'sF, ready.
True Grit congrats on retirement!! 4 years in Jan. I have never looked back!!
Randy sorry to hear about your brother, you have my prayers.
Roy, you "sound" a lot calmer then you did a few days ago.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,750  
Good morning. It's. Today is the first day of retirement! Going to play it by ear and see what my wife has planned for me. Have a great day.

Enjoy the retirement. It took me nearly two years to figure a few things out. Now the only way I know it is Sunday is the paper is much thicker.