Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #6,761  
2012-12-04, 0805
46 degrees now and a high of 64 predicted (in York County PA)

The septic tank inspector is coming today...that's the highlight of my day, I guess.

Although I listed our house on Craigslist and sold it, we're contracted to a local realtor. Although I'm sorry (now) that we signed the contract (before I had advertised it on CL), it's a done deal and we cannot break the contract.
One thing does bother me...she's (the realtor) constantly trying to get me to hire her husband to install a manhole culvert (extends the tank manhole to above grade). Although this will be a requirement in 2013, it is NOT a requirement now. I'm not going to go into all the details, but I'm thinking this realtor's pushing her husband's company is quite unethical...perhaps unethical enough to end the contract.
There's a lot going on here, as you can imagine (although most of the packing is done) and this is BS I don't need right now.

Anyway, although it's a buyer's responsibility for the tank inspection, I'm bringing in a certified person to protect my interests. He will know the regulations and what is actually necessary.

/ Good morning!!!!
#6,762  
We don't see many ticks around here. Don't really know why. It is so warm here, the ground hasn't frozen yet, we might get a lot of bugs surviving the winter. At least I don't have to shovel the rain today!!

/ Good morning!!!! #6,763  
we finally have a sunny morning and 32 degrees.it will only get up to 38 today.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,764  
Lots of wind with rain overnight, clearing thru the day and may get some sunshine this afternoon, high of 9C/48F.

Roy, Realtors are interested in making money :2cents: and I do believe that sometimes they forget about ethics. They may not even have the best interests of the client in mind. :ashamed::rolleyes:
I would NOT be inclined to do any business with the husband.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,765  
Mossflowerwoods, are you seeing any deer. ... I too have been out hunting and I guess you could call it sitting or walking as I have not seen a single buck while I had the gun in hand.

Wayne,

I've had one shot at a forked horn (missed with 12ga slug at at least 85 yards), and I've startled a number of deer and had them jump and run (I won't take a butt shot), I assume most of them were does, but a few were solitary and I believe COULD have been bucks.

I missed last season with a busted collarbone (on my shooting side of course) but there are a lot more deer during the daylight hours this season than two seasons ago.

But honestly, I like just walking in the woods with a weapon... I'll not cuss too much if I don't get my limit this year...

Good hunting sir!
David

/ Good morning!!!! #6,766  
True Grit,

Happy Retirement!

I have a 3 year old, and in this economy I will NEVER get to retire... All my investments, stocks, 3 homes, etc. have merely gone sideways or down in the last 10+ years...

I'm jealous sir. Bravo for you! Enjoy every moment.
Be well,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #6,767  
I'll be day to day on here as it appears my brother is going downhill quickly and I need to take mom down there pretty soon.

Randy,

You & your brother are in my prayers sir. I lost one of my little brothers recently myself. I feel your pain...

Be well,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #6,768  
Roy,

I am in agreement with Mousefield regarding not using the contractor.

I would simply tell the lady firmly but politely, "NO THANK YOU Ma'am"...

Best of luck, be well.
David

/ Good morning!!!! #6,769  
60 degrees and very windy................Love the warmth of this winter so far. About to change tonight though.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,770  
The weather was SO NICE this morning, that AFTER I fixed a broken board on the pasture fence, I rode my Harley to work today.

It was a LOVELY ride...

Be well,
David