Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #6,851  
Light rain and 1.1C/34F this morning, should warm to 4C later today.
Went to town yesterday and the snow line on the hills are much lower than a couple of days ago. Ski hills out our way have LOTS of snow.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,852  
1100...but what day is it..... kind of like the movie "Groundhog day". The past several days have been the same weather wise. Certainly not typical December up here.

I have been gleeful about the limited amount of fuel oil used so far but, now I am getting worried about will happen when it finally does get cold.

Oh well...enough whining- time to get something done

/ Good morning!!!! #6,853  
The Captiva is the Vue, with different grille, taillights and badging, produced in the same Mexican plant and on the same Opel platform.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,854  
My brother Kenny passed away about 2AM Saturday. His service is tomorrow at noon. We took mom down Thursday and I got to spend time with him and mom stayed down and spent time with him on both Thursday and Friday. The three of us brothers spent a couple of hours talking Thursday afternoon, ken would chime in from time to time and it was obvious that his mind was better than his body. That was the first time the three of us were in a room together in the eight years since Ken's wife Carol died. Probably the second time in twenty years, we all lived within 3 hours at most. Why do families allow that to happen?
Add one to the December count, my dad died December 21, 1964, incidentally Ken's 18th birthday. My wife's dad died almost exactly 30 years later on Dec. 20, 1994, Kenny's wife died exactly 10 years after that on Dec. 20, 2004. My grandmother on dad's side died Dec.28 1992, and now Ken on December 8.
Somehow I still enjoy Christmas, it transcends the sadness and in fact shows us the path to heaven Jesus was sent to Create for us.
We are here but short time, eternity is a bit longer.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,855  
Toppop- saddened to hear of your brothers passing. No words exist that say any more than your last two sentences. We share the same faith my friend.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,856  
Drinking my first cup of coffee. 36 degrees with light rain and fog. Heading to38 with more rain and possibility of snow flurries in the morning. Off to the dentist for semiannual cleaning and checkup. Not my favorite thing to do.
Toppop52. Sorry to hear about your brother. Prayers for you and your family.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,857  
In the 30’s today and going up close to 50 by mid-day! Spent yesterday in the great north wood (National Forest) getting a Christmas Tree. Hiked up a mountain and brought down two trees. There is a $5.00 charge for cutting a tree so that is good, then you have to figure in the gas, had a flat tire (so we installed the spare onto the truck) stopped at a pub on the way back for late day lunch (bill was like $110.00 for the five of us) so the bottom line is it cost me around $160 for two trees! Something wrong with this cheap tree picture. Wife said it is the experience that counts, guess she is right???

It was a fun day and zero snow below two thousand feet.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,858  
My brother Kenny passed ...

Why do families allow that to happen?

Somehow I still enjoy Christmas, it transcends the sadness and in fact shows us the path to heaven Jesus was sent to Create for us.
We are here but short time, eternity is a bit longer.

Randy,

On the first, please accept my condolences & know you are in my prayers.

On the second, I too wish I knew... The damage that led my brother to suicide is still evident in my family, my last brother and my sister cannot reconcile, and it hurts me that my family cannot rise above our petty issues...

On the last, I wholeheartedly agree. Amen brother.

Be well this day, and every day.
David

/ Good morning!!!! #6,859  
50 degrees and VERY foggy. I'd LOVE to hunt a little this morning, but the wife and I have an appt. in town at 9...

Be well all,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #6,860  
My brother Kenny passed away about 2AM Saturday. His service is tomorrow at noon. We took mom down Thursday and I got to spend time with him and mom stayed down and spent time with him on both Thursday and Friday. The three of us brothers spent a couple of hours talking Thursday afternoon, ken would chime in from time to time and it was obvious that his mind was better than his body.

You have my most heartfelt sympathies...