Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #7,401  
22F Cloudy inch new fallen snow,least the winds are still.
Mrs. decided I needed a new cell phone..almost need to take classes to operate. :(

/ Good morning!!!! #7,403  
2013-01-06, 0745

12 degrees and light snow...very pretty out, actually.
It was nice to sleep in today (got up at 0700) and we did all of our chores on Saturday (including my wifey almost setting the car on fire) so today is a kick back and have a few beers day.

Now, the contract on our house is supposed to be terminated today. This has been one serious fiasco.

I think our biggest problem has been our realtor. She's insisting I do things that I'm not going to do for two reasons: The inspection report was ambiguous in some regards and I couldn't get clairification through my realtor and, IMHO, my realtor pulled some shifty crap that will probably get her fired. I won't go into detail here except for one thing:
She insisted I had to install a riser (goes from the septic tank manhole cover to ground level) because it was required. Well, talking to the borough Sewer Enforcement Officer, it would be required, but not yet. I could have sold the house before it would have been mandatory.
She also pushed me into having her husband do the work...about $800-$1000.
After more investigation, I found a local septic tank company that could do the riser installation for about $250-$300 (including the permit).
I offered to split the cost with the buyers 50/50 since the tank manhole had to be uncovered for the septic inspection anyway. Ended up, I paid for the installation and the buyers paid for the permit (about a 70/30 split and I was the 70%). My realtor said I should do this as a good faith thing for future negotiations (which didn't pan out and I think made me look weak in the negotiations).
First, I'm paying a realtor to sell my house...not sell me stuff. I'm paying a realtor to represent my interests...not to insist I make "good faith" efforts (such as the riser installation).

Well, after the buyer's inspector came through, he tore the place up. Now, as a reminder, the place was being sold knowing it needed some work...that's how it was advertised. The biggest problem was the ambiguity of his report. As a QA guy, I expect some ambiguity (such as estimating the roof's remaining life), but I also expect factual responses. I didn't understand the report...my contractor didn't understand the report. Could we get answers or clarifications? Nope.

Anyway, the deal is supposed to fall through today. I've already advertised it on CL and received 5 or 6 responses.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,404  
Mrs. decided I needed a new cell phone..almost need to take classes to operate. :(
I know exactly what you mean. One of our Grand Daughters just got one for Christmas. It is amazing what Apps are included. The cell phone that I have can't even take pictures.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,405  
2013-01-06, 0745

12 degrees and light snow...very pretty out, actually.
It was nice to sleep in today (got up at 0700) and we did all of our chores on Saturday (including my wifey almost setting the car on fire) so today is a kick back and have a few beers day.

Now, the contract on our house is supposed to be terminated today. This has been one serious fiasco.

I think our biggest problem has been our realtor. She's insisting I do things that I'm not going to do for two reasons: The inspection report was ambiguous in some regards and I couldn't get clairification through my realtor and, IMHO, my realtor pulled some shifty crap that will probably get her fired. I won't go into detail here except for one thing:
She insisted I had to install a riser (goes from the septic tank manhole cover to ground level) because it was required. Well, talking to the borough Sewer Enforcement Officer, it would be required, but not yet. I could have sold the house before it would have been mandatory.
She also pushed me into having her husband do the work...about $800-$1000.
After more investigation, I found a local septic tank company that could do the riser installation for about $250-$300 (including the permit).
I offered to split the cost with the buyers 50/50 since the tank manhole had to be uncovered for the septic inspection anyway. Ended up, I paid for the installation and the buyers paid for the permit (about a 70/30 split and I was the 70%). My realtor said I should do this as a good faith thing for future negotiations (which didn't pan out and I think made me look weak in the negotiations).
First, I'm paying a realtor to sell my house...not sell me stuff. I'm paying a realtor to represent my interests...not to insist I make "good faith" efforts (such as the riser installation).

Well, after the buyer's inspector came through, he tore the place up. Now, as a reminder, the place was being sold knowing it needed some work...that's how it was advertised. The biggest problem was the ambiguity of his report. As a QA guy, I expect some ambiguity (such as estimating the roof's remaining life), but I also expect factual responses. I didn't understand the report...my contractor didn't understand the report. Could we get answers or clarifications? Nope.

Anyway, the deal is supposed to fall through today. I've already advertised it on CL and received 5 or 6 responses.
I sincerely wish you the very best. I hope everything works out.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,406  
Gotta wonder how many others had her stunts pull on them.
Fingers cross house deal closes soon Roy.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,407  

I went from a 4 1/2 year old Blackberry Curve to a Droid Razr Maxx late last year...the Curve was quite advanced for it's time and I figured out most of the functions in a few months...but the Droid...oh, brother...even with a very detailed "Droids for Dummies" book for reference I am barely competent with the basic functions after two months.

Weatherwise, 33 degrees here, got two inches of new powder snow overnight.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,408  
"The cell phone that I have can't even take pictures."

Sounds like what I had,this new dang thing maybe launch missles etc.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,409  
"I went from a 4 1/2 year old Blackberry Curve to a Droid Razr Maxx late last year...the Curve was quite advanced for it's time and I figured out most of the functions in a few months"

Dang phones getting to be more like flat screen tv some programing NASA would use...ahhhh days of rotary phone. ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #7,410  
good morning everyone 29 degrees freezing rain very slick out wife got some deer tenderloin on stove so we have some gravey bisquits and eggs with that Roy hope you get the house sold and over with soon my nephew going thru some of same kinda stuff.