Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #7,511  
Hmmmm....the only issue is I would have to declare the rent collected as income. Got as high as 46 degrees today...seems weird for mid-January.

Bill,

Income is ALWAYS good. I'm renting two of my homes out, andby the end of the year in reality it was only "cash flow" I purposely set things so they would come close to break even, and after paying all of my costs, I end up with a small loss, or even, every year...

Income is ALWAYS good...
Be well,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #7,512  
Indeed, income is ALWAYS good. I'd like a tad more myself LOL. If concerned about SS offset, I don't believe rental income is earned income, therefore no effect.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,513  
2013-01-11, 0450

17 degrees right now, but feels a bit warmer. High of 37 predicted and a pretty decent day. Snow is gone from the roof (quite a bit on the back deck now).
The river behind the house is pretty high, as can be expected.

Got two couples looking at the house in PA this weekend...fingers are crossed that one of them will want to move further. The realtor issue has not yet been resolved....bummer.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,515  
2013-01-11, 0450

17 degrees right now, but feels a bit warmer. High of 37 predicted and a pretty decent day. Snow is gone from the roof (quite a bit on the back deck now).
The river behind the house is pretty high, as can be expected.

Got two couples looking at the house in PA this weekend...fingers are crossed that one of them will want to move further. The realtor issue has not yet been resolved....bummer.
Best wishes.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,516  
23 F this morning and local report says it is going to be mostly cloudy today but warm.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,517  
Roy, sincerely hoping that you manage to get a buyer for the house in PA...you really deserve a break after all the ordeals you have experienced. About having income from rental...before I moved here I owned two smaller homes in the city (handyman specials) lived in one and worked on them both and when the other one was ready to rent I did that and when I moved here I rented the second one, sold them both because it was such a headache being a landlord 20 miles distant. I used the earnings from the sale to pay off the property I own now and buy my tractor. Because of depreciation etc. I could usually take a loss on them at the end of the year. Renting is great IF, repeat IF, you have a decent tenant. My brother has three rental houses and is constantly trying to find another to buy...he says he always takes a loss on each one every year.

37 degrees now, most of the snow has melted. Looks like it is raining right now. Happy Friday to all.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,518  
37 and cloudy here. I believe it is supposed to rain. I moved 12 hay bales from the barn to the house (I keep a 12 bale stack under the deck for daily feeding needs) last night SPECIFICALLY because I thought today would be rainy. Looks like I've got work travel to TX and CO coming up week after next. with a trip to CA in early Feb. I am excited my job is finally kicking it up to where the tempo should be.

I'm seriously jammed up at home again. The appraisal came back too low to finish the upstairs, even worse, they are saying my land lost over 33% of its value. This yet another setback in trying to make this place more livable, and potentially to save my marriage. The wife is NOT happy living in a cramped, over stuffed with stuff, brokendown house...

On top of that, my local hardware/feed guy finally scored my fence boards and I need to go buy a chunk of fencing materials and get started, but I'm afraid to spend a nickle because I do not have a strategy for getting more living space... [sigh] sucks to be me some days...

Be well y'all,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #7,519  
20F Cloudy mid 30's for high,showers/sleet late afternoon..sure hope not.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,520  
got rain this morning 43 degrees headed to 65 degrees there saying 70 saterday good day to shoot the muzzle loader and clean it up get some new fishing line on my reels and worse things last do some job searching hope everyone has a good day.