Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #7,681  
I reduced my Cholesterol a lot and low enough on the LDL (less than 100) not to take a statin IF I HAD NOT HAD THAT HEART ATTACK. But now the lower limit for people with confirmed heat disease is less than 70 and that is less than my body normally makes (hereditary) so I am still taking a low dose statin. My LDL is hovering around 60. The Doctors really don't care about the HDL because it acts as the garbage truck and if there is less trash to remove it is lower and more trash to remove it is higher.

However, the statin is the only med I'm taking and my wife who is also on the diet also takes no meds at all. Our weight is in the correct normal BMI range for our height and has stayed constant without counting calories and eating as much as we want. 22 mo post heart attack and no problems and I'm doing physically as much as before. Blood test levels are all in the normal range - including protein - I take no supplements.

There is one more aspect to this diet I have not mastered and will try but this will be hard. All unprocessed foods. I think I can get there now that I don't miss the animal products and oils. Last weekend I learned how to do it that made it seem easy without feeling completely deprived. I might get off statins yet....

Congratulations on your numbers Don....outstanding....your diet is working and you are obviously now enjoying the true taste of food without the need to juice it up with all of the poisons....You are winning and the proof is in the numbers....You Da Man !!!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #7,682  
Thanks a lot Don I really appreciate the tips and links. Lancaster is a pretty conservative place and it is a lot harder to find this kind of stuff out.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #7,683  
36 degrees and an interesting phenomenon called thundersnow. Thunder, lightning and snow. Don't recall ever experiencing this.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,684  
69F here at 1:45PM. I quit at 1pm, so only got the 1 wall up, but the second is all cut and ready to nail together. Have to go into town and order my metal roofing.

image-316348960.jpg

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #7,685  
Oops, duplicate

Attachments

• image-1119113308.jpg
    image-1119113308.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 69
   / Good morning!!!! #7,686  
36 degrees and an interesting phenomenon called thundersnow. Thunder, lightning and snow. Don't recall ever experiencing this.

I am so jealous... Thunder snow is awesome...

Be well,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #7,687  
Thanks Bob and Chris,

You know that 5K I mentioned that I did last weekend racing against vegans at the conference. Well I did a little research and now I don't feel so bad that so many in my age group beat me. Here are two of the 50+ guys that I could not catch.
#1 Kyle Heffner - Last years winner in his age group at the Boston Marathon and on the 1980 U.S. Olympic team in the marathon.
#2 Robert Cheeke - his web site says it all.....
http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/robertcheeketraining.htm

It's so much easier racing meat eaters in my age group, at least I can place.:D

/ Good morning!!!! #7,688  

Had that winter of 1973 in northeastern NC, thn in Feb. '79 here in MD. Both times it was snowing so hard you old just see the flash against the white.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,689  
Good evening all. 28F this morning, 42F was the high and sunny (yellow UFO was spotted).
No precip in forecast butt still hav the roller-coaster temps, Monday's high is about 25F.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,690  
TxDon thanks for the update.