Page 774 of 2518 FirstFirst ... 27467472476477177277377477577677778482487412741774 ... LastLast
Results 7,731 to 7,740 of 25178
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST, Case DX35

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post

Oh Yeah right..... Like you guys aren't P whipped yourselves.... Pots calling the Kettle black me thinks
    Nope - don't have no more puddycats LOL

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
    David
    Please visit: Vacation Hawaii

CK30HST, FEL w/ATI Tach all, Toothbar, Pallet forks, BH, Hydraulic Offset Flail, Brush Hog, Box Blade, PHD, Tiller, Landscape Rake, Boom pole w/extension&winch, Quick hitch, TuffTop Canopy
    Case DX35 w/LX116 "bobtach" Loader,

Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
    Tractor
    2008 CK35 HST

Default Re: Good morning!!!!

[QUOTE=JDgreen227;3153575]Longest I was ever without power was 42 hours

4 winters ago we were without power for 5 days, not once but twice as well as a 2 day plus several shorter outrageous. Good thing that was the first winter I had my tractor, came in handy getting rid of about 5 feet of snow on 3/4 mile of road.

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST, Case DX35

As for project creep, my current project is a good example.

When I designed the house, I reasoned a 24x42 garage would be ample - 8 ft on the house end for a bathroom, pantry, and laundry, the next 24 ft would be a double garage space for 2 vehicles, leaving me with 10x24 for my workshop. Now the fact that I had never had neither a garage nor workshop before, this seemed rather adequate - didn't work out that way.

Basically, I've also had the garage space as a work area. Still my table saw, drill press, mitre saw, etc, etc take up the area. The only time a vehicle was parked in it was because my pickup had Sheetrock or plywood that hadn't been off loaded yet. My wife has been very patience.

So when we decided to concrete the drive, I reasoned I could expand my shop area by bringing the concrete up to the floor level. This would give me an area another 10ft by 19 ft. I sunk 4 inch pipe to help deter people from driving thru it.

Although a nice area, it was suitable only for dry days, so I began to think about adding a cover.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that whatever roof had to be supported, so why not screen it in as well.

The more I thought about it, the more reasonable it seemed that real walls would be better than just screens - after all, had to protect the tools from the weather.

So, if I'm going to build a real roof, supported by real walls, then I might as well move the garage door and the people door so it is secure.

So, that's where I am

As you can see, I did get my other wall up. Straighten and plumb the front wall and I can start on the rafters.

David

CK30HST, FEL w/ATI Tach all, Toothbar, Pallet forks, BH, Hydraulic Offset Flail, Brush Hog, Box Blade, PHD, Tiller, Landscape Rake, Boom pole w/extension&winch, Quick hitch, TuffTop Canopy

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST, Case DX35

Oops, forgot to attach pic

-image-1587005760-jpg

Another project creep story is my tractorshed, which I've already ordered the basic material to expand another 10x24.

David

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

David, at least you are doing it right. I had a co-worker that just kept adding lean-tos allowing a slope for the water each time. He decided that he could not add another lean-to when his last one was 2' high for his lawnmower.
    TXDon

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefield View Post
    How true.
    Kind of like when I hear some of the dumb/stupid reasons people call 911.
    I had the opportunity to handle 911 calls for two years. I was really surprised how many calls we got requesting an ambulance for a roach in the ear. - and we had to send one. (FYI - Only 50% pay their ambulance bill, taxpayers pick up the rest, credit agencies are not notified.)
    TXDon

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

28 at 0430. Got a cold spell a coming next week, the forecast high on Wed is 28...

Got a group of Naval Academy Midshipmem coming over tonight for a bonfire, so it looks like I will be getting some tractor seat time today in prep AND I will get rid of one of my burn piles.

One of them is the son of a good friend, and a dang fine young man. I look forward to meeting his friends.

Be well all.
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by sodamo View Post
    Oops, forgot to attach pic

-image-1587005760-jpg

Another project creep story is my tractorshed, which I've already ordered the basic material to expand another 10x24.

Once sealed in I assume you will demo the existing doors and move them forward. Right?
    Then you will leave the wall due to load bearing reasons?

Looking great!
    David
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by txdon View Post
    I had the opportunity to handle 911 calls for two years. I was really surprised how many calls we got requesting an ambulance for a roach in the ear. - and we had to send one. (FYI - Only 50% pay their ambulance bill, taxpayers pick up the rest, credit agencies are not notified.)
    I've only been in one, and I paid my bill.
    I had no choice, they would not allow me to call my wife etc. to come get me...
    Insurance paid most of it.

Thank you for your work as volunteer.
    David

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

01-19-2011 Currently 24 degrees. I haven't posted in a couple of days. We had 4 days of steady, heavy rains followed by 4 inches of snow. The snow didn't melt but froze solid overnight. The Hughes disk was iced over. Both decks are still frozen over. There are only a few clear patches in our yard.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Page 774 of 2518 FirstFirst ... 27467472476477177277377477577677778482487412741774 ... LastLast