Page 78 of 2829 FirstFirst ... 286875767778798081881281785781078 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B-7500

Default Re: Good morning!!!!

I get my 8 hours or so, but the problem is I go to sleep about 8PM, so usually up between 4-5 AM. It gets dark I am ready for bed! It is 42 degrees this morning and no sign of any snow coming this way! Yesterday it was 26 and freezing rain, fun driving morning.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

I just got home from work and it's a humid feeling 41*. I see rain to the South east too.!
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Coffee cup is full. 39 degrees this morning. Headed to 40 cloudy degrees this afternoon. Yesterday I headed to my mothers place. While it was clear at my house. It was very dense fog a couple miles away. Must be a lot of people off work though because did not see any brake lights on the 40 mile freeway trip to her house.
    Today I am doing the last prep checks on motorhome. Hard to get excited about the trip though. When weather down in TX is not much better than we have up here. Unusual for first day of winter.
    Good Morning All.

Tractor
    I did have a pedal John Deere once...

Well, the rain has been off for a few hours now, and looks to be staying off

Getting pretty windy though! I guess I should have another coffee now and and wait for it to pass, seeing as I've got no outdoor work to do today.
    "The darkest time is just one hour before dawn" - Johnny Cash.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

49 and oddly foggy at 0500.

I can easily see the stars, but I could not see the outbuildings or my truck, tractor, etc. an odd ground fog that is only 15' high or something.

I almost finished shopping last night in a grueling 5pm to 10pm grind.

The wife and girls had gone shopping from 10am to 5pm earlier and had a blast.

While I was on call yesterday (and the girls were shopping) I finished the kitchen floor project. Nobody was home so I could bread out the skil saw and cut the dry rot spot out and refit something to replace it. Someday when if/when we remodel, it will need to be looked at pretty hard but I rigged up a firm support and replaced the subfloor "GOOD-ENOUGH" for now.

I will say I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Rigid framing nailer. with this beast I can BUILD stuff like never before!!!!!

Happy first day of winter!
    Merry Christmas!
    Be well,
    David
    Last edited by MossflowerWoods; 12-22-2011 at 07:10 AM. Reason: fixed time warp
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    I did have a pedal John Deere once...

Quote Originally Posted by MossflowerWoods View Post
    49 and oddly foggy at 0500.

I can easily see the stars, but I could not see the outbuildings or my truck, tractor, etc. an odd ground fog that is only 15' high or something.

I almost finished shopping last night in a grueling 5pm to 10pm grind.

The wife and girls had gone shopping from 10am to 5pm earlier and had a blast.

While I was on call today I finished the kitchen floor project. NObody was home so I could bread out the skil saw and cut the dry rot spot out and refit something to replace it. Someday when if/when we remodel, it will need to be looked at pretty hard but I rigged up a firm support and replaced the subfloor "GOOD-ENOUGH" for now.

I will say I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Rigid framing nailer. with this beast I can BUILD stuff like never before!!!!!

Happy first day of winter!
    Merry Christmas!
    Be well,
    David
    You must have been up early as well if you've already started fixing your kitchen by 5AM!
    "The darkest time is just one hour before dawn" - Johnny Cash.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

On the side topic of sleeping...

I've become more like a farmer than ever. I started getting up at 5am back in 2000 when I was going to night school to get my BSIT degree because I was working full time and needed dedicated time for getting papers written etc.

It became a habit. I like the quiet time to pay bills, balance the checkbook, fret about the future, read TBN etc.

Way back when I was on submarines in the US Navy, I learned how to sleep whenever, and stay awake whenever, and get by on very little sleep. I called it Tunnel Time because there is no day or night. Anyway... When my son was born in 1985 it was the day I returned from 6 months in the Med and my personal record that day was I had gone something over 96 hours without real "sleep". But I could typically stay awake for 30 hours, sleep for 6 and repeat while underway.

Back to today. With TV I used to stay up until close to 11 and get up at 5, now sometimes I read (I finished Hillenbrand's "Unbroken" a while back and I'm almost finshed with "War" by Junger now), but typically by 10 I'm out like a light. Now I find that sometimes I wake up at 4 or 4:30, but sleeping 10 to 5 feels luxurious and I never have a tough time getting up. Almost down with the sun, and up with the dawn...

Back to the good morning topic...

Be Well all!
    David
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by jmurray01 View Post
    You must have been up early as well if you've already started fixing your kitchen by 5AM!
    Thank you for finding the warp in my timeline.
    I fixed it.

David

Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

37 here now...about getting up at 5 am, when I was working I always did that as I am a slow waker, started work at 7 am. Even after being retired for 9 years I still get up at 5 am out of habit.
    Rather than worry about the things you want but don't have, be grateful for the things you don't want and don't have.

I didn't plan to do much of anything today, but by noon I was almost half done.

Tractor
    JD 2320

Quote Originally Posted by jmurray01 View Post
    And I'll die wet if it doesn't stop raining.

I'm siiiiiiiiiinging in the rain! I'm siiiiiiiiiiining in the rain, what a gloooooooorious feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeling, I'm haaaaaaaaapy agaaaaaaaain!

*Cough cough*, how was my singing ?

Oh yeah, anyway, I forgot what thread this was with all the singing and that...

It is still drizzling now, but not as bad as yesterday, thank goodness.

High today should be 10*C/50*F and the low should be 6*C/42.8*F.

Not too bad, but I'd like more.

It sucks.
    Morning all.
    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, FEL Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife

Page 78 of 2829 FirstFirst ... 286875767778798081881281785781078 ... LastLast