Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #771  
I get my 8 hours or so, but the problem is I go to sleep about 8PM, so usually up between 4-5 AM. It gets dark I am ready for bed! It is 42 degrees this morning and no sign of any snow coming this way! Yesterday it was 26 and freezing rain, fun driving morning.

/ Good morning!!!! #772  
I just got home from work and it's a humid feeling 41*. I see rain to the South east too.!

/ Good morning!!!! #773  
Coffee cup is full. 39 degrees this morning. Headed to 40 cloudy degrees this afternoon. Yesterday I headed to my mothers place. While it was clear at my house. It was very dense fog a couple miles away. Must be a lot of people off work though because did not see any brake lights on the 40 mile freeway trip to her house.
Today I am doing the last prep checks on motorhome. Hard to get excited about the trip though. When weather down in TX is not much better than we have up here. Unusual for first day of winter.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #774  
Well, the rain has been off for a few hours now, and looks to be staying off :)

Getting pretty windy though! I guess I should have another coffee now and and wait for it to pass, seeing as I've got no outdoor work to do today.

/ Good morning!!!! #775  
49 and oddly foggy at 0500.

I can easily see the stars, but I could not see the outbuildings or my truck, tractor, etc. an odd ground fog that is only 15' high or something.

I almost finished shopping last night in a grueling 5pm to 10pm grind.

The wife and girls had gone shopping from 10am to 5pm earlier and had a blast.

While I was on call yesterday (and the girls were shopping) I finished the kitchen floor project. Nobody was home so I could bread out the skil saw and cut the dry rot spot out and refit something to replace it. Someday when if/when we remodel, it will need to be looked at pretty hard but I rigged up a firm support and replaced the subfloor "GOOD-ENOUGH" for now.

I will say I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Rigid framing nailer. with this beast I can BUILD stuff like never before!!!!!

Happy first day of winter!
Merry Christmas!
Be well,
David

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #776  
49 and oddly foggy at 0500.

I can easily see the stars, but I could not see the outbuildings or my truck, tractor, etc. an odd ground fog that is only 15' high or something.

I almost finished shopping last night in a grueling 5pm to 10pm grind.

The wife and girls had gone shopping from 10am to 5pm earlier and had a blast.

While I was on call today I finished the kitchen floor project. NObody was home so I could bread out the skil saw and cut the dry rot spot out and refit something to replace it. Someday when if/when we remodel, it will need to be looked at pretty hard but I rigged up a firm support and replaced the subfloor "GOOD-ENOUGH" for now.

I will say I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Rigid framing nailer. with this beast I can BUILD stuff like never before!!!!!

Happy first day of winter!
Merry Christmas!
Be well,
David
You must have been up early as well if you've already started fixing your kitchen by 5AM!

/ Good morning!!!! #777  
On the side topic of sleeping...

I've become more like a farmer than ever. I started getting up at 5am back in 2000 when I was going to night school to get my BSIT degree because I was working full time and needed dedicated time for getting papers written etc.

It became a habit. I like the quiet time to pay bills, balance the checkbook, fret about the future, read TBN etc.

Way back when I was on submarines in the US Navy, I learned how to sleep whenever, and stay awake whenever, and get by on very little sleep. I called it Tunnel Time because there is no day or night. Anyway... When my son was born in 1985 it was the day I returned from 6 months in the Med and my personal record that day was I had gone something over 96 hours without real "sleep". But I could typically stay awake for 30 hours, sleep for 6 and repeat while underway.

Back to today. With TV I used to stay up until close to 11 and get up at 5, now sometimes I read (I finished Hillenbrand's "Unbroken" a while back and I'm almost finshed with "War" by Junger now), but typically by 10 I'm out like a light. Now I find that sometimes I wake up at 4 or 4:30, but sleeping 10 to 5 feels luxurious and I never have a tough time getting up. Almost down with the sun, and up with the dawn...

Back to the good morning topic...

Be Well all!
David

/ Good morning!!!! #778  
You must have been up early as well if you've already started fixing your kitchen by 5AM!

Thank you for finding the warp in my timeline. :thumbsup:
I fixed it. :D

David

/ Good morning!!!! #779  
37 here now...about getting up at 5 am, when I was working I always did that as I am a slow waker, started work at 7 am. Even after being retired for 9 years I still get up at 5 am out of habit.

/ Good morning!!!! #780  
And I'll die wet if it doesn't stop raining.

I'm siiiiiiiiiinging in the rain! I'm siiiiiiiiiiining in the rain, what a gloooooooorious feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeling, I'm haaaaaaaaapy agaaaaaaaain!

*Cough cough*, how was my singing ?

Oh yeah, anyway, I forgot what thread this was with all the singing and that...​

It is still drizzling now, but not as bad as yesterday, thank goodness.​

High today should be 10*C/50*F and the low should be 6*C/42.8*F.​

Not too bad, but I'd like more.​
It sucks.:laughing:
Morning all.