Page 814 of 2106 FirstFirst ... 31471476480481181281381481581681782486491413141814 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,140 of 21055
    Tractor
    1979 ford 1700 MFWD

Default Re: Good morning!!!!

Good morning all. 30F this morning, going for a high of 40F sunny with moderate wind. Will start training for BAK today, looked at high temps for next 10 day and should be able to ride most days .
    Bill not much snow here this year, have not put on rear blade yet

Tractor
    1979 ford 1700 MFWD

David (Moss) Did you expect to stay warm in your jammies? From your posts, I thought you knew and understood Murphy !!
    Last edited by mostly_gas; 02-02-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: premature post :(

Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
    Tractor
    2008 CK35 HST

Holy Cow, it's a boy.
    So I'm farm sitting for my neighbour who's in Puerto Rico for 2 weeks. She had asked at Christmas if I would look after her animals for her. About 2 weeks before she leaves she mentioned that one of the cows was pregnant but shouldn't calve until she got back. Well one week into my farm sitting I go over this morning and there it was. I have been going over 3 times a day, early morning, noonish and late afternoon but today I will go over 4 times and spend some time making sure the little one is nursing.
    It was 8C/46F this morning and don't think it will go much higher, they are calling for sun today but we are having fog and low cloud.
    Last edited by Mousefield; 02-02-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

Quote Originally Posted by mostly_gas View Post
    David (Moss) Did you expect to stay warm in your jammies? From your posts, I thought you knew and understood Murphy !!
    Every time I think about walking out to the mailbox or to fetch the paper from the roadfront about 200' from the house, I think about what might happen if I slipped or otherwise got hurt outdoors while wearing a robe or sleepwear...ESPECIALLY in this bitterly cold weather...so I pull on heavy pants, boots, and a warm coat. Have only taken a few falls in the last ten years and they were all during warmer months BUT: Old folks like me are quick to succumb to cold weather. You listening, David? No, you are not old but you are pre-elderly....
    Never be ashamed of making a mistake. The only people who never (bleep) up are people who never try to do something new.

"I have never learned from a man who agreed with me." Attributed to Robert A. Heinlein

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by mostly_gas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JDgreen227 View Post
    Old folks like BILL are quick to succumb to cold weather. You listening, David? No, you are not old but you are pre-elderly....
    OK, I deserve SOME of that chit y'all are giving me.

Mostly I was in a hurry, and close to the house it is warmer and sheltered from the wind. It really was a pair of sweats, long sleeved t-shirt, and a heavier flannel shirt, and boots. but *** soon as I started running up the hill, I realized "this was not too smart David"... Walking back I was serioulsy cold.

I did worry about an animal attack or slipping and falling, but I DO NOT consider myself to be Pre-Elderly Mr. Bill!

But I did stay at the computer long enough to warm up before crawling into bed, the sleeping wife would NOT have appreciate my stone cold carcass!

I figgered I was safe sharing my foibles with you boys, cause you've all done stoopid stuff too...

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, horse pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by MossflowerWoods View Post
    OK, I deserve SOME of that chit y'all are giving me.

Mostly I was in a hurry, and close to the house it is warmer and sheltered from the wind. It really was a pair of sweats, long sleeved t-shirt, and a heavier flannel shirt, and boots. but *** soon as I started running up the hill, I realized "this was not too smart David"... Walking back I was serioulsy cold.

I did worry about an animal attack or slipping and falling, but I DO NOT consider myself to be Pre-Elderly Mr. Bill!

But I did stay at the computer long enough to warm up before crawling into bed, the sleeping wife would NOT have appreciate my stone cold carcass!

I figgered I was safe sharing my foibles with you boys, cause you've all done stoopid stuff too...

David
    HEY DAVID....does it make you feel all warm and toasty that the rest of us here are concerned about you when you do "stoopid stuff....."
    Never be ashamed of making a mistake. The only people who never (bleep) up are people who never try to do something new.

"I have never learned from a man who agreed with me." Attributed to Robert A. Heinlein

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST, Case DX35

WOW, feel for you guys and those temps. Did get a laugh at mental pic of David (Moss) scurrying about the pasture in his Jammies.

66f here, but then it's after 4PM. Guess I hit the wrong button this AM

Good progress today, all roof panels are screwed, peel and seal in place, ready for flashing and ridge cap.

Here's one wife got from the mower.

Good morning!!!!-image-309786023.jpg

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
    David
    Please visit: Vacation Hawaii

CK30HST, FEL w/ATI Tach all, Toothbar, Pallet forks, BH, Hydraulic Offset Flail, Brush Hog, Box Blade, PHD, Tiller, Landscape Rake, Boom pole w/extension&winch, Quick hitch, TuffTop Canopy
    Case DX35 w/LX116 "bobtach" Loader,

Tractor

It's one above zero here now....going out to get my newspaper now and I am going to put on a snowmobile suit and boots just in case...

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

it was 23 at 0500, there is about 1/2" snow on the ground that was laid own from 5:30 to 7pm last night and then it stopped. Clear when I got up.

After Church we are spending SuperBowl at my Church/Hunting buddies place to a party and to watch the game.

Be well all.
    Cherish your wings. there are 12.3 million LESS wings this year due to ethanol, so they may go out of style...

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, horse pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    new holland tn70

it's 24 with wind chill of 13 and best i can tell about 6 inches of new snow.JD i love over kill i have alway's been gulity of it. just don't forget to take the suit off before you lay back down for that nap

Page 814 of 2106 FirstFirst ... 31471476480481181281381481581681782486491413141814 ... LastLast