Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #8,431  
Back from the hospital, all went well, ticker speed back to normal. Now I can chase her around the house again! :D

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers!:drink:

EXCELLENT NEWS!

David

/ Good morning!!!! #8,432  
David so why are you running windoze?

Mostly_Gas,

I've been a computer hardware guy for over 30 years, NONE of them are as amazing and awesome as their marketing/hype proclaims.

I view a computer as a tool. I buy something standard off the shelf, not the lowest, not the highest, but a good deal, and then I run it to death. I never do upgrades that cost $$$. In fact I've quit buying desk tops, I'm buying laptops only.

When it dies, I junk it and buy another one. I work in the computer industry, and every company for the last 30 years used PC's not Apples. The current company allows both, but you have to buy your OWN mac or iPhone etc. they will provide a PC Laptop. Given that Macs cost more, and I use a PC at work, I buy PC's which means I run windoze...

Sorry for the long answer...
David

/ Good morning!!!! #8,433  
Mostly_Gas,

I've been a computer hardware guy for over 30 years, NONE of them are as amazing and awesome as their marketing/hype proclaims.

I view a computer as a tool. I buy something standard off the shelf, not the lowest, not the highest, but a good deal, and then I run it to death. I never do upgrades that cost $$$. In fact I've quit buying desk tops, I'm buying laptops only.

When it dies, I junk it and buy another one. I work in the computer industry, and every company for the last 30 years used PC's not Apples. The current company allows both, but you have to buy your OWN mac or iPhone etc. they will provide a PC Laptop. Given that Macs cost more, and I use a PC at work, I buy PC's which means I run windoze...

David

David....we only buy laptops now...we do use separate keyboard and mouse...wireless for when we are at home or the office. We backup to an external hard drive and if the laptop goes...we just go get another on sale...

/ Good morning!!!! #8,434  
David you are right about being over simplified which makes it complicated to figure out which level to dummy down to when doing something different.

Huh???? :confused:

What ever you say Boss! :drink:

I agree completely.

David

/ Good morning!!!! #8,435  
David....we only buy laptops now...we do use separate keyboard and mouse...wireless for when we are at home or the office. We backup to an external hard drive and if the laptop goes...we just go get another on sale...

Bob,

Exactly. They are consumables unfortunately...

That is why I try not to over pay...

But right now, I ain't got extra funds for buying another computer!

David

/ Good morning!!!! #8,436  
Mostly_Gas,

David

Hello Dave about two years ago I switch over to the IMAC and then progressed to an IPAD for traveling and finally last year to the Iphone, oh and I also have an ITOUCH for music (bought it before the Iphone). But, I still run windows in the background with the IMAC as I have everything for my database on windows along with my accounting program. I have word and Excel that run on the IMAC, but some of the older files I have run best on windows based programs. I will say this though the only time the IMAC (three times) has hung up was when I was running in windows on the computer. As for the IMAC I guess I was sold on the screen size and the agent lives in our town and did all of the setup plus installing all of the software. Real benefit for sure.

Wayne

/ Good morning!!!! #8,437  
2013-02-15, 0412

25 degrees right now with a high of 43 predicted. That should take care of most of the snow.
Looks like the last warm day for a while though...high temperatures will drop to the 20's over the weekend, into next week.

Well, the sellers finally signed the contract. I'll be having an inspector in the house Monday afternoon and a septic system inspector in later in the week.

/ Good morning!!!! #8,438  
32 here warming up to 59.

Happy Friday all!

David

/ Good morning!!!! #8,439  
27F over cast sky,low 40's today means smell of mud in air also boots tracking mud.
Looks like little cooling off for weekend light snow..oh well least theres more day light hours compare to month plus ago. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #8,440  
19 degrees right now and looks like a nice calm day before the storm. Talking snow for Saturday and Sunday, got to love these weekend storms.

Roy great about the new home. Hope things go smoothly with the sell of your home!