Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #8,821  
Good morning! 39 this morning, windy and clear skies. No I did not sleep late, was in a big hurry this morning to get to a 5k race at 8:A.M. to celebrate my 2nd year of life after heart attack. Since coffee slightly restricts blood vessels I skipped it - I wanted all arteries wide open. My time was 26:30 min. finishing 10th overall out of 200, and 1st in my age group (of 7). I also beat the first placers in the 2 age groups below me! A good day.

/ Good morning!!!! #8,822  
Good morning! 39 this morning, windy and clear skies. No I did not sleep late, was in a big hurry this morning to get to a 5k race at 8:A.M. to celebrate my 2nd year of life after heart attack. Since coffee slightly restricts blood vessels I skipped it - I wanted all arteries wide open. My time was 26:30 min. finishing 10th overall out of 200, and 1st in my age group (of 7). I also beat the first placers in the 2 age groups below me! A good day.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! Have to admire someone as dedicated as you are.

/ Good morning!!!! #8,823  
Good afternoon. It's 32 degrees with light winds and dreary overcast skies. I'm eagerly awaiting spring!

/ Good morning!!!! #8,824  
First of all, Happy Texas Independence Day!

I'm celebrating with the chain saw and tractor. Cutting up some downed trees from this week's windstorm, and using the cut wood to create a brush pile to attract more birds (we've adopted a wildlife management plan for our property.)

View attachment 306047

We celebrated the same way, I cut trees and either pushed, lifted or pulled them to the deeper woods. I don't bother to cut much up small enough to go in the bucket, I just chain 'em, lift 'em and put 'em where I want 'am.

/ Good morning!!!! #8,825  
On rather late today, it;s 4PM our time out here on the pacific coast.
It may be a good thing I'm late as the rain has stopped and there is sunshine. High around 11C/51F.

After many hours of searching on the internet over the past few months I finally found some long lost cousins in Europe. All I had to go on was my (father's sister) aunts married name and the month and day of birth. Got lucky last week when I found a birthday announcement to celebrate her 90th, this in a newspaper dated the year 2000. So now I knew the name of the small city so I made a phone list of over 50 people in the town with the same last name. First one I called this morning turned out to be her son.
She was the only known relative of my father's to survive the war.
I am hoping to see them this fall when I see an aunt, uncle and cousins on my mother side.
When I went to get some chicken food later this morning I also bought a lottery ticket. :biggrin:

txdon, good you are so dedicated to keeping fit after your heart attack, congratulations on doing so well in the race.

/ Good morning!!!! #8,826  
Congrats Don - quite an achievement.
Somedays I kinda miss running, but then that contributed to my knee problems :(
Keep up the good work.

/ Good morning!!!! #8,827  
29 headed to 46.

I did get a little seat time yesterday cleaning out the neighbors run-in shed. It was nice to be in the saddle again...

I'm off to Church. Y'all be well.

David

/ Good morning!!!! #8,828  
27 degrees and cloudy, talking about light snow during the day. Think it will be a hang around day for sure!

/ Good morning!!!! #8,829  
2013-03-03, 0715

23 right now and light snow. 34 is the predicted high...light snow most of the day. Oh boy!!! It's LAUNDRY day!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #8,830  
good morning 21 degrees wind chill is 11 ground covered with snow and still snowing. i am ready for some spring weather the last 2 months here have reminded me of the winters we youst to have in 60's and 70's. the forcast center is saying we could get a major storm tuesday and wensday as bad or worse as the one we got in 1962, so i better get everything fueled up today. wish everyone a great day