Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #8,891  
As long as you have the proper type of tools (usually a pair of 14-15 inch long 1/2 diameter steel rods) to release and/or retension and are POSITIVE you have the door locked down so it can't move up as you work, it isn't really dangerous. As for me, I use short lengths of 1" lumber placed into the tracks in four places and clamped with C-clamps so the lumber positively blocks the rollers from any upward movement. Use a really sturdy ladder to stand on, and wear safety glasses and gloves. If the door cannot move up, the only other danger is the possibility of one of the rods slipping out of the spring and then being thrown.

Thanks again Bill
Taking a slightly different approach, I disconnected the cables from the door, then removed the door sections and the tracks leaving the torsion spring by itself which I can now access quite easily (and safely). For the reinstall, I'll be carefully following Martin's instructions for the torsion spring.

/ Good morning!!!! #8,893  
Garage door install went rather well, pleased with results. Tomorrow will attempt the cable hookup and torsion spring adjustment.

68f here this afternoon.

image-2978261562.jpg

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #8,894  
Good morning... It's 34 degrees with light snow.

/ Good morning!!!! #8,897  
2013-03-06, 0329

28 right now...high of 37 predicted. Getting to be mud season here...

/ Good morning!!!! #8,898  
Dam do you guys ever sleep! 34 degrees going to be cloudy all day.

/ Good morning!!!! #8,899  
31F just had snother snow shower,than the heavy wet stuff arrives later on late evening.
Mid 30' today but if holds ture near 50's. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #8,900  
Good morning fellow tractor friends!!! Current temp is 27 degrees. The winter storm Indiana got put about 6" of snow on the ground for folks in east central. So I'm going to get some seat time today. I'm also going to have to plow my moms house. My step dad is working in Chicago so he can't do it. Lol. Wood stove is going.

Enjoy your day, stay warm and stay safe

Happy tractoring!!!!

Larry