Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #9,221  
2013-03-20, 0440

23 right now...light snow. A high of 34 predicted with light snow.

Looks like we got a total accumulation of 12-14 inches since Monday.

/ Good morning!!!! #9,222  
25 degrees F some more light snow last night to clean up this morning. Total will be around 12 or so inches.
A year ago yesterday it was nearly 80 degrees here like they say “You Gotta let it Go”

/ Good morning!!!! #9,223  
good morning Roy i got same temp 23 this morning. today is the last clear day in the 7 day forcast it looked like a january forcast. i guess if i was looking for something good out of this weather what plowing i have done the freeze will make the groud work up good. well i got to go back to work thrusday so i sure i won't be around as much. an old buddy needs some help and i need to get off my a**** so going to help him. not worked a full day sence first of january the longest i ever been out of work sence i was 16 years old so should be intresting. i told him i had got to lazy to work he said he would take a chance on it so well see.

/ Good morning!!!! #9,224  
Drinking first cup of coffee. `8 degrees with clear skies this morning. Heading to 27 with snow flurries throughout the day. Spring will arrive in less than a hour. But mother nature has decided that temperatures will not get spring like until sometime next week. Having a main disconnect installed between meter and Generator Auto Transfer Switch. Will be without power for a while. When it is being installed. Hope it does not take to long.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #9,225  
Sodamo, love the pic, they sure look happy. Currently 19 degrees here and got some light snow overnight. I am making up a shopping list before heading to the local Meijers for my weekly grocery trip, one of the great things about being retired is that you can plan your days to suit yourself and go places when there are no crowds. I don't know why it's so, but if I go to a store when they are busy I end up wasting a lot of time because someone has their cart parked right in front of the item I want, I just want to grab two of three can of beans (or whatever) and they seem to be practicing reading the fine print on the packages. Makes me wonder...:laughing:

/ Good morning!!!! #9,226  
25F partly cloudy mid 30's for high today.
About hour clear driveway etc. than folks next door of 11" snow...sooo safe to say ole Phil little off.

/ Good morning!!!! #9,227  
Happy Spring!

It is 30 here and clear. Stayed up till midnight watching the movie "FireProof" with the wife. It is a good movie and all about saving your marriage.

We both enjoyed it and the message is clear. We are still working on ours, so that it all good.

Slept in until 6:23.

I'm sending the wife and girls on a spring break fieldtrip to the Richmond Science muesum for the day while I work.

They are also going to Newport News for a long weekend this weekend, while I stay home, tend the animals we have left, and work...

Next week I'm in Dallas for a couple days... For work.

Be well all.
David

/ Good morning!!!! #9,228  
Good Morning! 59˚ a thunderstorm raced through at 3:30 a. m. leaving only a tenth inch rain but any drop is welcomed by the wild flowers which should pop in May.

Whipper was quiet last night. The animal she rolled the night before did not return to agitate her ALL NIGHT.

The dew berries are in full bloom. I need to make a map of their locations now before the grasses and weeds hide them.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #9,229  
It was 40 at 5 AM, 28 at 6 AM! Dam# son, that's a drop! Anyway, about 34 now supposed to hit 55 today and 40 tomorrow, then back to 50's for the weekend. Still below normal, I sure miss last winter and spring's weather!
Have a good day all my friends!:drink:

/ Good morning!!!! #9,230  
Aloha Bob
Yep, BI is home to 11 of the 13 worldwide climate zones. Where we are our historical low (since I've been recording has been 58F (twice?) and we rarely top low 80's, so quite pleasant. Right now is our winter/raining season hence the lower temps and more clouds/rain. Last year we got 140 inches for the year. We are about 1100ft elevation so that greatly affects our weather. It rains more above us, less below, but can rain below and we be dry. We are on the windward side slopes of Mauna Kea and there is a weather term that describes the onshore/offshore weather due to temp and wind changes that occur during the day. Many days I can look out over the ocean a see a squall which we may or may not get. It's really interesting in that we can usually hear and or see the weather as it approaches. Most of the time it's just passing through. Can't tell you how many times I've been out on the tractor, it starts raining, but by the time I get back to the shed, the sun is shining. Most days we get rain at night or early morning and a beautiful day. It's only when a front decides to vacation here we see something more lasting.

I often describe us as NOT being postcard Hawaii. I lived on Oahu 4 years, on the leeward side so I'm familiar with their weather. It can get hot there, but also have their storms. I remember a particularly bad one back in 79 or 80, not official hurricane but same type weather and damage.

Here's a pic of now,taken 5 minutes ago, 69F and sunny, but a bit of vog. I doubt I wear long pants more than 3 or 4 times a year and then only because of where I'm going.

Lived in Atlanta almost 14 years, but found the winter/storms much more depressing and the summer more oppressive - JMHO of course :)

View attachment 308838

David, Thanks for the picture and for the weather info about the BI....I did not know any of that...amazing...You are right about Atlanta's weather...can be awful a couple of times in the winter with Ice storm...haven't had one in a few years and some summers we have 100deg...days...but not too many and some say it is really humid but I am used to it and am not bothered by heat until it is over say 95 deg...but I hate the cold....anything below 70 deg with low humidity and I not only need long pants but a sweatshirt or jacket....The times we have been on the Islands...it was 80 deg or so...even when we went to Hana on Maui...it was really nice up there and we had a picnic...but you live in paradise...no question...Mahalo :)